Wyandotte Genetics!

HannaDolly

In the Brooder
Feb 9, 2016
I have asked questions regarding the genetics of these birds before but i have another!

The Genetic make ups i have found online are not very descriptive with the coloring.
For example;

Blue X Blue = 50%blue 25% Black 25% Splash ( so is this Blue laced Red or just blue for both Parents?

Blue X Black = 50% Blue 50% splash ( Blue laced red or blue? Black or black laced red?)

I am having a hard time finding Blue Laced Red chicks they are hard to come by these days.

Any info would be great!!

Thank You!!

I have asked questions regarding the genetics of these birds before but i have another!

The Genetic make ups i have found online are not very descriptive with the coloring.
For example;

Blue X Blue = 50%blue 25% Black 25% Splash ( so is this Blue laced Red or just blue for both Parents?

Blue X Black = 50% Blue 50% splash ( Blue laced red or blue? Black or black laced red?)

I am having a hard time finding Blue Laced Red chicks they are hard to come by these days.

Any info would be great!!

Thank You!!
Think of it this way.

blue laced red x blue laced red = some blue laced red, some black laced red ( golden laced), and some white laced red. The white would be a splash lace on the red feathers.

blue laced red x golden laced = blue laced red and golden laced

some blue laced red are actually red and not golden. I convinced a blue laced red breeder to outcross to rhode island red to introduce the mahogany gene into his line. It worked because the offspring had dark red fathers and not golden.(he provided pictures) He was working on type the last time I had contact with him. Please do not ask who he is because I can not remember.

For example;

This is true for blue laced birds as well.

blue laced red x blue laced red = 50% blue laced red, 25% black laced red, 25% splash laced red

Blue x black can only result in blue or black offspring. Splash is not possible.

blue laced red x black laced red = 50% blue laced red, 50% black laced red

Now if you breed a splash laced red to a black laced red all offspring will be blue laced red.

This is true for blue laced birds as well.

blue laced red x blue laced red = 50% blue laced red, 25% black laced red, 25% splash laced red

Blue x black can only result in blue or black offspring. Splash is not possible.

blue laced red x black laced red = 50% blue laced red, 50% black laced red

Now if you breed a splash laced red to a black laced red all offspring will be blue laced red.

"Splash laced red". I searched and searched and came up with nothing. I am trying to understand all this as well. Where can I look
To see a splashed laced red? Or is it any color splash laced red? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom