Wyandotte or Black Orp??? Ameraucana or EE???

am040608

Songster
5 Years
May 31, 2015
FINLEY WA
I bought a handful of chicks from a feed store. Im certain 4 of them are Silver Laced Wyandotte. And one a gold sexlink. However sexing them is proving impossible for me as I am new to this! I also bought 5 chicks elsewhere of which i was told were barred rock and an ameraucana, but i believe they are several other breeds. HELP.
I am sure these 4 are Silver Laced Wyandottes but roos or hens?

#1 Iam no expert but hen i think...

#2 a hen also?

#3 ??

#4 ??

Those are the 4 i know are wyandottes. This mext one is a golden sexlink but no odea the gender

Im going to post the mystery breeds in comments. Thanks for reading!!!!

Here is my mystery lot.
I think this one is a wyandotte like the others

I think this one may be barred rock?

these two im thinking are black australorp. Heres chick 1.

Heres chick 2

Lastly i believe this to be an EE although she was sold to me as ameraucana

Silver Laced Wyandottes all look like pullets, though not 100% sure, but fairly.
Red Sex-Link is definitely a pullet - you can tell by the plumage.

Of the mystery breeds, I'd say the first is a Silver-Laced Wyandotte, second is a Barred Rock, a pullet, I'd say by the size of the head spot. Third looks like an Black Australorp. Last is an Easter Egger (the hatcheries always label them as "Americanas", it's even spelled wrong!)

Yay i think was pretty spot on. Im pretty inexperienced in sexing and breeds. We raised chickens growing up but i dont think my mother even cared what kind of chickens they were. Our roo was meaner than mean and would attack us so we had to put him down. I think thats why im terrified to have another roo!!
Do you think the 4th one is a black orp also??

Silver Laced Wyandottes all look like pullets, though not 100% sure, but fairly. 

Of the mystery breeds, I'd say the first is a Silver-Laced Wyandotte, second is a Barred Rock, a pullet, I'd say by the size of the head spot. Third looks like an Black Australorp. Last is an Easter Egger (the hatcheries always label them as "Americanas", it's even spelled wrong!)

Oh and I definitely agree about the hatcheries and the spelling : / but my kids were eager to have colorful eggs so hopefully it will work out :)

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom