Wyoming Chicken Lover!

One of my co-workers talks about his uncles Orpingtons whenever I mentions chickens. They used to sit on the back porch in the evening and watch the roosters chase off foxes and coyotes.

Froze last night. I put my heated waterer in coop today and vaseline on all my girls to prevent frost. I don't heat my coop
because its insulated.

Froze last night. I put my heated waterer in coop today and vaseline on all my girls to prevent frost. I don't heat my coop
because its insulated.

Lost 2 babies yesterday
sad.png
I think they were at the bottom of the "heating pile" as I call it. So put light in the little coop/brooder for them hopefully all are ok!
Ayda

This is the little coop/brooder when it was first built last year .

Who else had snow.......who else has Orpingtons?
Is it true they lay approx. an egg a day and throughout the whole winter?
We had snow but it's gone!!
How's the wind in Lander?????
Ayda
Also had skunks
barnie.gif
Our dogs can prove it!! Am wondering if anyone else has any trouble with skunks and their chickens.

Snow's gone over here too....Lander has been windy .....cold & windy.....but today looks like a sunny & warm day....I've been hearing coyotes but they don't get close with an allert Husky on the property...

I'm incubating but don't have any eggs to swap
sad.png
. I thinned out my flock to raise only Silkies, Lav and Black Ameraucanas, Lav Orps and LF Cochin Frizzles, well I guess you can call it thinned down LOL. My Silkies quit laying, and my ameraucanas just started, Frizzles are only about a month old so................................. Will keep hoping for eggs!!!
Ayda

Back
Top Bottom