X-Mas Tree

Me & My Peeps

Songster
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Western MA
Anybody else have their tree up yet? I bought ours at the local ACE Hardware store on Friday. "Any tree - $20.00". I got a 7' one........works for me!!
cool.png

I'm told "we" will put the tree up later this week.

Seven foot, fake.

Wife let me buy her a real tree one time. She hated it, I loved it.

Use to know a man whe kept his tree up year around. Had it on a
four wheel dolly, just wrapped a sheet around it and roll it in it's
special closet. Looked the same year after year.

(To be fair his wife had died some years earlier, leaving him with a
young daughter. Just one of his ways of dealing with things.)

DH is going to be at camp for a week hunting but when he comes back we'll go pick out a tree....we'll get one with a bulb so we can plant it after Christmas.

Quote:
That's both funny and sad at the same time.

My 12 INCH tree will get popped up into my window sill within the next week or so. I live alone and don't get much holiday company, so that little guy works perfectly for my needs. That and a few lights around the window interior and some red candle centerpieces, etc. Simple and easy, yet adds the holiday touch.

Quote:

My 12 INCH tree will get popped up into my window sill within the next week or so. I live alone and don't get much holiday company, so that little guy works perfectly for my needs. That and a few lights around the window interior and some red candle centerpieces, etc. Simple and easy, yet adds the holiday touch.

hugs.gif

That makes me sad

I put a 3ft tree in my kitchen (fake) and a 7ft in the livingroom (another fake)...I would love to have a real tree in the house but I have real oak floors and I don't want to get pitch on them or a water stain cause someone always (cat and kids) tips the tree.

Putting up the holiday decorations is a Black Friday tradition. DW and my mom go shopping and the kids and I decorate. The eldest DD took charge this year - all done except for two outside setups she didn't get to.

I love my kids!

Last edited:
Quote:

hugs.gif

That makes me sad

Which part, the old guy with the decorated tree or me with my tiny tree?
lol.png
Don't feel bad for me, Christmas has never been a big deal for my family. Half of them don't observe it for religious reasons, and the other half is just too cheap. Okay, now it's getting a little sad.
tongue.png
Really though, it's okay. It's only lonely on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, then everyone forgets all about it and moves on. God, I'm trying to say don't feel sad and now I just sound pathetic!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom