Yay - the new coop is almost done! - pics

AngieB

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 29, 2009
Livonia
Hubby has done a great job! Our chicks are two weeks old, and the new coop will be ready for them! Just have to build the outdoor run, and finish up the inside.
I'll post some more pics when it's finished.

The forum was so helpful in perfecting our design!

45135_cimg8090.jpg

45135_cimg8091.jpg

45135_cimg8092.jpg

Definitely a thing of beauty! Nice job. I personally would close up the underside..... It would be quite a chore getting the little guys and gals out from under there.... and they will go there. Ask me how I know!
smile.png

Last edited:
Great looking coop. We have ours 14-16 inches off the ground. Mine love going under our coop to stay out of the rain or to take cover from whatever flies over head.

Niiicccee!
thumbsup.gif
I especially love the stairs - purty! I too would recommend securely covering up anywhere that would provide access under the coop. No telling where hens might choose to lay their eggs (mine never cease to amaze me!), and under the coop is by far one of the WORST places I've ever had to gather eggs from! Not to mention the nice, warm, tempting place it is for vermin and predators. Kudos to your hubby though! Nicely done!

Thanks for all the positive feedback! Yes, the bottom will be closed off with hardware cloth - my kids will be in charge of collecting eggs, and I definitely don't want them to end up stuck under the coop trying to get to an egg!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom