Yellow bumps on roosters comb

Evangitron

Chirping
Dec 5, 2018
hi my rooster marshmallow has these yellow bumps(they’ll look more white in the pics from the flash tho)in his rose comb folds and on the back and he’s healthy otherwise except he has tape worms that won’t seem to go away and we’ve done all the meds and natural ones it’s like he gets rid of them and they come back and the others don’t have it as bad as him but we’d never had issues with any worms before staying on this farm where a ladies chickens or maybe even horse had it and now it’s been an issue and he was rescued from there(luckily for him, I’d have taken all the animals if I could and still worry for them) and still the worm thing keeps happening and my googling makes it sound like it could be fungus or a cyst or fowl pox so I’m obviously worried because he’s healthy except the worms and one thing sounded like maybe it’s ringworm which I’ve found other worm looking things before in a few of them and I seem to have got rid of those but it’s hard to tell but after living on that farm I went from my chickens never having that issue to having it but with his dad it was worse and I’d try to remove them because I thought it was just a dirty comb with old gunk stuck in the folds but it would bleed like it had become part of the comb but he seemed glad I removed them but now marshmallow his son has them and none of my other roosters have it aside from his dad I’ve never seen this before so I’m hoping someone could tell me what exactly it is so I can take action with the correct meds and if I need to remove them despite the bleeding I need to know(and the black spot on the back one was from removing it recently)because I don’t want it multiplying and if it’s worm related that’s another type of worm the poor guy will have got so any ideas would help!

And if anyone has any suggestions that work best on tape worm with their chickens I’m very open to suggestions because I’ve tried all the natural stuff I’ve seen mentioned and meds but they come back and they’re the worst for him and the poor guy already deals with his spurs making him walk funny(I need to remove them and despite reading it doesn’t hurt I’m afraid it will and I’ll have hurt my roosters doing it but they all have too large of ones)and the worms and whatever the yellow spots are just add to it and he does sometimes get stuffy but that’s the dirt he gets in his nose so I don’t think he currently has any respiratory issues which idk if that’s something you’d want to know as far as symptoms but here’s what it is and the black spots are from fighting and cutting himself in the process and the thing on his beak we think he got trying to fight our other rooster Beelzebabe through the pen wire which is what happened with his comb cause he never stops lol and I hope these pics are good enough because he wouldn’t hold still but the one on the back is the biggest one and I hope I uploaded those right because it kept messing up but sorry for such a long post but I figured the more details the more helpful it is for someone helping me identify it! Hopefully it’s some easy to remove fungus
IMG_5559.jpeg
IMG_5559.jpeg
IMG_5558.jpeg
IMG_5551.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5556.jpeg
    IMG_5556.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5555.jpeg
    IMG_5555.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 0
Thats rough.
Think of the spots as zits,it happens often with breeds with bumpy combs.
Did you treat all your birds or just him for worms?
Did you do a fecal test to verify tapeworm?
Praziquantel, which is sold as Equimax and Zimectrin Gold as horse dewormers, is needed to treat tapeworms.
Natural dewormers dont work at all, unfortunately.
Tapeworms come from when birds eat bugs and worms.

Back
Top Bottom