Yellow chunk came out of chickens eye

Jan 2, 2018
Florida
i have a chicken that had a swollen eye, and he gave it to a another chicken. I have been giving antibiotics and eye ointment. I pushed the eye and a yellow chunk came out! But I squeezed the other one and nothing came out?? It has been like that for a almost a month. What is it and what do i do????

i have a chicken that had a swollen eye, and he gave it to a another chicken. I have been giving antibiotics and eye ointment. I pushed the eye and a yellow chunk came out! But I squeezed the other one and nothing came out?? It has been like that for a almost a month. What is it and what do i do????
Can you post some pictures?

Sounds like a respiratory disease, such as mycoplasma (MG,) coryza, or one that has been complicated by other bacteria such as E.coli and others. It is best to get the gunk out, clean it with saline, and you can treat the eye with an antibiotic ointment such as Terramycin, Vetromycin, or eye drop, such as ciprofloxacin online. Tylan 50 injectable given orally can treat some respiratory infections.

You can put a drop of colloidal silver in her eye. It kills most bacteria, fungi, and viruses on contact and is harmless to your chicken's eye.

The pus does need to be removed to clear this sort of thing up. Then apply a drop or ointment twice a day. Pus in chickens becomes very hard and cheese-like, and can be squeezed out, and sometimes the roof of the mouth may need squeezing.

Back
Top Bottom