Yellow Green and mucus looking poop

No need to worm again this soon. But she does need an antibiotic. We suggest fish antibiotics for chickens as they do not require a vet prescription. Ordering from that link requires no prescription for that antibiotic. Other antibiotics will.

Call around to pet stores, feed stores and ask for fish amoxicillin.

If the antibiotics aren't older than around four years, they will work. But not all antibiotics are the same and will not work on all bacteria.
There is a petsmart open near me today with a fish product, but not what you linked. Ill see what i have and verify what they have available and check back with you. I appreciate your help!!

If the antibiotics aren't older than around four years, they will work. But not all antibiotics are the same and will not work on all bacteria.
I have (12 )500 mg amoxicillin on hand and below is what i can get today.

Attachments

• 1962C86D-3A0A-4C75-82DA-B55D0CBA7489.png
    1962C86D-3A0A-4C75-82DA-B55D0CBA7489.png
    889.5 KB · Views: 5
@Cpgrnwd if your chicken has a reproductive infection, amoxicillin would be the best antibiotic as it will effectively treat E.coli which is the most common bacterium that causes these infections. Erthromycin does not treat E.coli. The amoxy dosage is 250mg every twelve hours for ten days.

If you need further discussion on your particular situation, you need to start a thread of your own as it will get hopelessly confusing about which chicken patient this thread is about.

@Cpgrnwd if your chicken has a reproductive infection, amoxicillin would be the best antibiotic as it will effectively treat E.coli which is the most common bacterium that causes these infections. Erthromycin does not treat E.coli. The amoxy dosage is 250mg every twelve hours for ten days.

If you need further discussion on your particular situation, you need to start a thread of your own as it will get hopelessly confusing about which chicken patient this thread is about.
Thank you!

No need to worm again this soon. But she does need an antibiotic. We suggest fish antibiotics for chickens as they do not require a vet prescription. Ordering from that link requires no prescription for that antibiotic. Other antibiotics will.

I'm going to call my feed store on Tuesday to see what they have. I think I can get Tylan 50 injectable ( however give it orally) what do you think? If I use Tylan, do you know the dosing?

Ok thanks. I will not deworm. I will order from the link above if my feed store does not have it.

Although Tylan and Tylosin are broad spectum antibiotics, they are much more effective on respiratory bacterial infection such as strep and staph. Tylan is not effective on the type of bacteria that is associated with reproductive infection such as E.coli. You're much better off with amoxicilin.

Although Tylan and Tylosin are broad spectum antibiotics, they are much more effective on respiratory bacterial infection such as strep and staph. Tylan is not effective on the type of bacteria that is associated with reproductive infection such as E.coli. You're much better off with amoxicilin.
Ok thanks for the clarification. By the way, I let her out of isolation right before dusk. She was happy to get out and scratch around in the yard before roosting with her flock mates. This morning her poop looked better, no mucus. She came running to me and is acting 80% like her cute self. I even caught her catching some sun rays. I gave her a 5 cc of the mixed antibiotics that I started yesterday and will leave her out of isolation today.

Attachments

• IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    500.8 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom