Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
Yellow orange foamy poop. 4mo leghorn pullet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 48
Did you ever figure out what the poop was? My 11 week old hen poops like that every so often. Have already treated with Corrid as a precaution, but could it be anything else?
F9E407A3-2664-4239-98E5-EEFE1883EC8F.jpeg

Attachments

• 0B209985-4343-4870-8CD1-A909FD8BE4D2.jpeg
    0B209985-4343-4870-8CD1-A909FD8BE4D2.jpeg
    862.6 KB · Views: 12
I'd just wait and see if it continues.
Chicken poop can vary a lot, so if it's a one time thing, no worries.
My 7-week-old Salmon Faverolles pullet has this poop all the time. Always orange and runny; often foamy. She and her pullet friends have been sneezing for several weeks and she had the worst rales of all of them; they all seem to be over the worst of it, but poop issue persists. I already tried a round of Corid. Currently doing ACV in water (1 tbs/gal) and supplementing with fermented feed and Probios probiotics. Additionally, I started applying antifungal cream to her vent yesterday. Any ideas? Should I treat with Tylan-50?

Edit: added about sneezing

My 7-week-old Salmon Faverolles pullet has this poop all the time. Always orange and runny; often foamy. She and her pullet friends have been sneezing for several weeks and she had the worst rales of all of them; they all seem to be over the worst of it, but poop issue persists. I already tried a round of Corid. Currently doing ACV in water (1 tbs/gal) and supplementing with fermented feed and Probios probiotics. Additionally, I started applying antifungal cream to her vent yesterday. Any ideas? Should I treat with Tylan-50?

Edit: added about sneezing
Looks like you have received suggestions on your thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ossible-vent-gleet-6-week-old-pullet.1581573/

Back
Top Bottom