Bougiechicks

Chirping
Aug 24, 2018
Hello! My chick was fed egg yolk yesterday and this morning had a normal looking, but yellow poop with some liquid. Is this normal? It has only happened once so far. She hasn’t been drinking a ton of water so I keep bringing it to her, but eats fine and acts normal. Thank you.

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)

Silkie, five day old, she is not thin

2) What is the behavior, exactly.

Yellow watery poop.

3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?

Once

4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
No

5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.

No

6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.

Eating egg yolk or not enough water

7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.

Medicated chick feed (recently switched from organic), water with nutridrench, egg yolk once yesterday, small amount of yogurt once the prior day

8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.

Small, yellow, watery (normally is brown and white)

9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?

Left her watery chick start this morning when I left for work to try to get more liquid into her

10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?

If we need to go to the vet, we will but it is a far drive and I don’t want to stress her out.

11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.

I will take a photo if it happenstance again.

12) Describe the housing/bedding in use

Large cardboard box, towels underneath paper towels, light on one corner, and some extra towels on top of that in the corners they like to snuggle.

Attachments

• E1E598B7-3806-41A7-A133-136EB727B3CF.jpeg
    E1E598B7-3806-41A7-A133-136EB727B3CF.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 38

Back
Top Bottom