Yellow poop, lethargic

Aww I'm so sorry.
sad.png

I don't know if I'd strongly worry, but I'd definitely pick them all up and check them out - their weights, for parasites on the skin etc, very careful examination. Like you're looking for clues, which you are. Then if you haven't wormed in a while, I'd consider doing it. Let us know if you need any help with that.

Thanks for the condolences, and the advice.

I plan on completely stripping and cleaning the coop tomorrow, just in case. I am pretty careful with their care: I re-bed with clean pine shavings every Sunday, and sprinkle the shaving with DE each time I re-bed. I am always sure to keep fresh, clean water, and never give them spoiled or moldy, icky food scraps. So, I am hoping that this was just a fluke. Is it possible for one chicken to be more susceptible to e-coli, or for their gut to be less immune, like people?

the hen was too far gone and if it is
worms then worm the whole flock with wazine either kind as round worms will be enough for the chickens to have dead at first

then after doing that you must give the
natural wet mash probiotic
I will give for one bird then you multiply it by how many birds you are giving it to

wet mash probiotic with applesauce
3 tbsp of dry crumbles
3 tbsp of milk any kind
1 tbsp of yoguart
2 tbspoons of applesauce
put the apple sauce on last after mixing the wet mash so the birds see it and eat it

this will help them get good gut flora
also put 2 tbsp of ACV in gallon of water and keep giving them this water for a week straight
then give it 3-5 times a week for life

now for the fact that it might have lice or mites
us some sevin dust 5% and dust the building and see if that will help

then give the wet mash ans ACV in water

now if you find none of the above you will have to get a antibiotic such as neomycin and put it in the water and to get her to drink it when sick
put the antibiotic in the wet mash
only make 1/2 of the recipe and add 1 tsp of the neomycin to the wet mash and get her started on it thru absorbing the wet mash and also put it in the water at strength suggested

here is how you figure the dosage

when they tell you how many ozs of neomycin to how many gallons of water
simply take a calculator and divide the gallons of water INTO THE OZS OF NEOMYCIN

then if it comes in ozs remember the 1 oz is a tbsp and 3 tsp to a tabspoon
if you are confused just email me this post and ask me the questions

Need some help on my hen. She has not been eating or drinking on her own for 3 days. Sleeps all the time. Thanks

Attachments

• 20170630_122201.jpg
    20170630_122201.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 20
My austrolop hen is 9 months old and is going off by herself away from flock her droppings are loose and light yellow. I had a bird act like this a few weeks ago and secluded her and gave her molasses. Over night next day she was fine again however her droppings were white. This one has slight yellow tint. I feed them cauliflower grapes hen treats and they free range. She is still pruning herself. And she has stopped laying. Don't know if getting ready to moult maybe

Back
Top Bottom