YO GEORGIANS! :)

Yeah, I'll try that tomorrow -and throw rocks at your window when I'm wired at 3 a.m. and can't sleep :).
It wouldn't wake me. The roosters crow at 3am sometimes. The cat "knocks" on my window to come in at 3am (they jump up to get in and hit the siding kinda hard with their back feet). THE NIECES AND NEPHEWS ARE USUALLY STILL AWAKE AT 3AM!

But I've learned to sleep through it, lol!

If I didn't, I'd never sleep around this place.

LMAO!

Put some goose eggs under that girl!

I did! Lol! I'm going to wait till I get home saturday to take away newly laud eggs and put them in the incubator! Lol! Then I decided that the incubator was good enough for them and left her with her dozen of muscovy eggs. Lol! She has a nest mound about 6 inches thick of shavings and down. Lol!

Last edited:
My chickens get vegetable, fruit, pasta (no sauce), and cereal scraps. I grow mealworms for them, but haven't given them meat scraps. Mostly because I don't want to draw anything out of the woods or tempt the neighbors dogs over any more than they already come over.

I don't know what will happen when we have cat food on the property for our soon-to-be cats, but I can't wait until they get here. Today I walked into the rabbit barn at dusk and just caught something like a large mouse/small rat sauntering out the other end of the barn. As I finished handing out handfuls of alfalfa hay, The critter had the nerve to peek back in to see if I was gone yet. If I didn't think the neighbors dog would have showed up on their porch with the traps hanging off of its nose/ears, I would've put snap traps out there :(.

It wouldn't wake me. The roosters crow at 3am sometimes. The cat "knocks" on my window to come in at 3am (they jump up to get in and hit the siding kinda hard with their back feet). THE NIECES AND NEPHEWS ARE USUALLY STILL AWAKE AT 3AM!

But I've learned to sleep through it, lol!

If I didn't, I'd never sleep around this place.

Oh yeah, Teenagers -you win :)

Ack, I said I was thinking of going to bed earlier, but then hubby mentions that our recuperating chicken has made a royal mess in her cage in the recovery room. I'm off to do rounds, then wash up and THEN head to bed. Goodnight.

Back
Top Bottom