YO GEORGIANS! :)

WOOT!! Go turkey babies! I have ten turkeys at day 7, all developing well also -even the one I accidentally cracked and knocked the air cell loose, and had to wax it.
celebrate.gif
The one that I had to wax is doing great, too. Funny looking thing with the pink blob on it. lol

I must be immuned to whatever is floating around this thread.No chickens here!

...26 ducks and nine more hatching as I type this but no chickens...

I don't know if you're lucky or deprived
idunno.gif

I thought I might be done hatching chicks for the Spring, but I set some turkey eggs a week ago, then a favorite chicken started laying again after a dry spell, so I set 5 of her eggs for posterity, and then I got some Crested Cream Legbar eggs from Rocky Rhodes and his wife today, so my incubator is full again. That also means that the calendar is full the first two weeks of June, because I'll be supervising the staggered hatching.

I thought I was immune to the bout of "waterfowl madness" that swept through here not long ago, but I met Ancona ducklings. I wanted a small flock of 4 or 5. I have 13 growing out now and I love hearing them find their "big duck" voices
lol.png
. How long before they lay eggs that I have to resist putting in the incubator?

Why resist? lol

And as for here ... three incubators rolling with chickens, geese, and turkeys ... duck eggs and more turkey eggs on the way. I was foolish enough to think that I could put an incubator away but with planned breeding and Little Bit's project eggs I'll have to get another one going again.

Got 3 new CPG goslings today. So stinkin' cute. One little one, about a week old, and two that are about 7 or so weeks old.

19 chicks at school ... no clue how many of those are coming to the farm yet.

And the chicken math at the farm has gone into the realm of trig ad calculus. LOL!

I don't know if you're lucky or deprived
idunno.gif

I thought I might be done hatching chicks for the Spring, but I set some turkey eggs a week ago, then a favorite chicken started laying again after a dry spell, so I set 5 of her eggs for posterity, and then I got some Crested Cream Legbar eggs from Rocky Rhodes and his wife today, so my incubator is full again. That also means that the calendar is full the first two weeks of June, because I'll be supervising the staggered hatching.

I thought I was immune to the bout of "waterfowl madness" that swept through here not long ago, but I met Ancona ducklings. I wanted a small flock of 4 or 5. I have 13 growing out now and I love hearing them find their "big duck" voices
lol.png
. How long before they lay eggs that I have to resist putting in the incubator?
From what I know 6 months-ish is normal for ducks to start laying, though Anconas may be different. I am obsessed with ducks at this point and I need more. I am actively seeking ducklings wherever I go. It's getting bad.
sad.png

Why resist? lol

Got 3 new CPG goslings today. So stinkin' cute. One little one, about a week old, and two that are about 7 or so weeks old.

And the chicken math at the farm has gone into the realm of trig ad calculus. LOL!
You're right; resistance is futile.
Except in the case of goslings, but I'll be hosting abmaddox's CPG while she's house hunting, so that might give me my fix without needing my own permanent geese.

I never did get trig or calculus. If I ignore it, it goes away right ;)

Back
Top Bottom