YO GEORGIANS! :)

I'm glad you are taking these steps so you will know what is going on with your chicks. Good luck!

It's been more frustrating because I know I've got almost everything I need here to take care of it. And I've probably TRIED using everything, too. But nothing works. Corid? Nope. Tetracycline? Nope. Penicillin? Nope. DE and Sevin Dust? Nope. Marek's? McMurray chicks are vaccinated, most of my own are vaccinated, and they are too young to show the signs of Marek's problems.

Whatever is killing them, I can't seem to treat it. But now that they have a Poultry Lab about 15 miles away, and since the technician lives right here in High Falls, I'm going to get answers so I can pinpoint treatment.

Ok, Question. How do you guys clean your incubator? I am finished with my hatch. I have taken all the parts off and soaked the parts I can in bleach water. But what about the parts with the coils and thermometer and wiring? Those parts are covered with some kind of growth, but I don't dare wash them with bleach water. How can I get to those parts and sanitize them? I tried using q-tips, but that really isn't getting it all. Any suggestions? I get everything clean except that part.

Can't remember if I sent photos of my hatch????? Anyway, here are some pics. Ended up with 20 out of 24 hatching. The second little duck never hatched. Bummer.

My little olive eggers

Most of these are my friend's BO. The one little duck is in the top right corner.

And one lone cochin.

I ended up with 2 FBCM, but they were late comers and are still in the bator! I love little chicks!

BTY, the BO are for sale and I also have some 2 week old Welsummer pullets for sale.

Well my hatch finally come to an end only two eggs out of 40 hatched i looked at the eggs that didn't and all were fully developed chicks but they never piped here is a picture of the ones that hatched
[/IMG]

Ok, Question.  How do you guys clean your incubator?   I am finished with my hatch.  I have taken all the parts off and soaked the parts I can in bleach water.  But what about the parts with the coils and thermometer and wiring?  Those parts are covered with some kind of growth, but I don't dare wash them with bleach water.  How can I get to those parts and sanitize them?  I tried using q-tips, but that really isn't getting it all. Any suggestions?  I get everything clean except that part.   

Take it apart. Use fingernail polish to mark which wire connects to which, and take all of those pieces off, then wipe them all down.

Also, any electronic can be wet down, as long as it is allowed to dry COMPLETELY before electric current runs through it again - either from battery or wall outlet. So if it's "open" enough, you can still wet it down. Just use a hair dryer PLUS about 24 hours of sitting time to dry before you think about plugging it back in. You can even try pouring rubbing alcohol in there to disinfect it after cleaning. But it must dry completely!

Back
Top Bottom