YO GEORGIANS! :)

I googled incubating eggs without an incubator (or broody hen) and there are some articles about hatching them as the video showed. Apparently it is hard to keep the temp and humidity right, it would have to be done in some type of room that stayed constantly the same. How about this method instead? hahahhaha!

I would just have figured a place like Greenfire would have a million-dollar walk-in state-of-the-art incubator for their super expensive rare breed eggs instead of leaving them in a box full of hay, haha.

Okay it's daylight!
1f601.png
Lots of pics..

The light EE.. She's quite photogenic!

Beautiful!!!
The dark EE.. Not nearly as impressed by the camera:

And a few just for fun..

Olive, she deserves a pic because she has been surprisingly accepting of the four new kids.. In spite of her rep as top hen as long as I've had her (she's the only one left of my first-ever chickens).. She has take all of this in stride
love.gif

This one. Just bc it's funny.. "Could you PLEASE make him STOP FREAKING CROWING!?!?"
lau.gif
(for reals tho)

And this one. Because does anyone else have this problem!? I'm guessing they start ramming into it when it starts getting low? Ugh soo much wasted..
sad.png

You have some beautiful birds! We have an EE named Olive that lays more of a green/blue egg where as the others lay blue/green eggs if that makes since. Try putting a cinder block under the feeder and maybe they won't pop it. I have bucket feeders that hang but also sit on cinder blocks so our chickens can't knock them over. As for the crowing um...no idea what to do about that, but if you find out let me know because we have 12 roosters out of 38 chickens. It gets pretty loud around here.

TSC. Somewhere around the middle to end of February. One of my customers has a friend with many many birds that are all intermingled and he gives him all the fertilized eggs to hatch. He ends up with some awesome barnyard mixes. He is who I've gotten my brahma, silkie x D'Uccle and 2 showgirls from. This one is a polish x Silkie with the frizzle gene.

It's not GeorgiaBoy is it?

Back
Top Bottom