YO GEORGIANS! :)

I need to do something for our ducks and geese for egg laying purposes. Last year they would just lay an egg next to the pond and they would roll into the water.

Robo, there are so many cute goose/duck nest ideas on the internet. Google for images to get an idea. You are so good at building, you would have no trouble building a cute nest house! I think those birds would love one or two!

images

images
images
images

images

Tons of ideas!

Love those, Flower!!

Second pip is out. Still no other pips but I unplugged the noisy turner next door and can hear tapping and chirping from at least two others, so wheeeww!! Feeling a little better for now.

So, no pips yet. I probably guaranteed that they will hatch.....I ummm, ordered, a, new Hova Bator Genesis 1588. It's like the original one I have and love! I KNOW that one hatches eggs! This little mini is so finicky! I had run it for a week empty and it maintained a good temp. But after I added the eggs, the temp went to 100.2 at the bottom of the thing. That meant that the top of the eggs were even higher! To adjust the temp, you have to use a tiny screw in the back. I finally,,,,,after 3 days, think I have it adjusted, but may have been too hot. Still have a few days to see if anything hatches.....but you know that now that I ordered a new one, this one will start working just fine! HA!

Does anyone want to buy my Olive Egger Rooster if I can get it to the swap next weekend? I also have a few 5 week old chicks that I am willing to sell. Let me know soon as I will have to see about their transportation.

Hey there guys, I haven't been on here for a while, so I'm sure there are a lot of new additions that I haven't had the opportunity to become acquainted with, looking forward to it. I was out doing a little spring cleaning around the coops, I know I'm jumping the gun on the whole "Spring" thing, but with weather like this... it's easy to do. I took a couple of pics of some roosters I need to re-home. If anyone is interested just let me know.

This is a Crested Cream Legbar that was hatched late summer 2014.

This one is a cross between a Wheaten Maran rooster and an Easter Egger hen. The hens from this cross are olive-eggers.

This is a Rhodebar rooster. All of these were hatched in the summer of 2014.

Back
Top Bottom