YO GEORGIANS! :)

St. Mary's Ga

to the GEORGIAN group!!!

Tell us about your coop
frow.gif

How is everyone holding up with the colder temps? I can't believe that my chickens want to be outside in this damp, rainy, cold days. I left the coop and the brooder open but they stayed outside all day. Crazy birds.

I have been having problems with sneezing in the brooder with one momma and a few babies. Has anyone else been having this problem? I have treated with Denagard and it seemed to cure the chicks. But now another chick is sneezing so I took the Oxine and sprayed the coop and the brooder down along with the chickens/chicks. I'm sure they hate me now, LOL So, another round of Denagard and lots of Oxine spraying.

Anyone getting any new chickens or chicks?

Cindy

Took a couple of pics of the chicks and one of my roo. I know he is pet quality but I still think he is beautiful.

First one is the Porcelain, Partridge, Black or B/S, and then the Buff

There is my Lavender standing there looking beautiful :)

I just love my chicks and my 6 month olds.

I got my first egg yesterday! So excited. I have not the slightest idea who layed it. I had one lone golf ball and for some reason I decided to put it in the coop in the nest box. The next day, viola, there's an egg. Just like magic. I put it in another nest box last night and didn't get any eggs. This morning, I called our local golf club and asked if they sold used golf balls. When I told him that I wanted to seed my nest boxes with them, I knew he would think I had lost my mind. Well, turns out that he had a chicken operation up north before moving that consisted of 20,000 chickens. He sold the eggs to hatcheries. He sold out to move down here. He said he had heard of old timers doing that. Anyway, he gave me the golf balls. That was very sweet of him. I guess he could hear the excitement in my voice when I called.
woot.gif

I got my first egg yesterday! So excited. I have not the slightest idea who layed it. I had one lone golf ball and for some reason I decided to put it in the coop in the nest box. The next day, viola, there's an egg. Just like magic. I put it in another nest box last night and didn't get any eggs. This morning, I called our local golf club and asked if they sold used golf balls. When I told him that I wanted to seed my nest boxes with them, I knew he would think I had lost my mind. Well, turns out that he had a chicken operation up north before moving that consisted of 20,000 chickens. He sold the eggs to hatcheries. He sold out to move down here. He said he had heard of old timers doing that. Anyway, he gave me the golf balls. That was very sweet of him. I guess he could hear the excitement in my voice when I called.
woot.gif
That is so exciting ChickSter!!! I have had a few mystery eggs show up a couple of times but we haven't figured it out yet. I have two white Silkies that are at 6 months old so it could be they are getting in the groove but beats me. I also have 3 older hens but two were broody when these 3 eggs just showed up. My hubs and I just laughed. I thought he was playing a trick on me but he swears he wasn't. Are you going to the Dalton show the Saturday after Thanksgiving? I'm hoping to go just to check it all out. Cindy

Cumming Ga. North East of Atlanta. Two Black Marans, One black rock, One RIR, 7 Americaunas

TO OUR GEORGIAN GROUP!

Are you going to the Dalton show since you're up that way the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It's called the Carpet show and it's held at the fair grounds. Post some pictures of you chickens for us to all ooo and ahhh over.

That is so exciting ChickSter!!! I have had a few mystery eggs show up a couple of times but we haven't figured it out yet. I have two white Silkies that are at 6 months old so it could be they are getting in the groove but beats me. I also have 3 older hens but two were broody when these 3 eggs just showed up. My hubs and I just laughed. I thought he was playing a trick on me but he swears he wasn't. Are you going to the Dalton show the Saturday after Thanksgiving? I'm hoping to go just to check it all out. Cindy

No, I'm not going to the show. I would love to but my brother is coming to stay with me for Thanksgiving week. He's moved about 3 hours north of me so I don't see him as often.

I am going. Just a reminder this is an ALL BANTAM show...
I can't wait! Where will you be located sgribble? Are you showing and if so what breed?

Quote: Ahh enjoy your bro Chickster! We have a son in VA that won't be here
hit.gif
because it's just too much money to drive down in his truck and he will be here the middle of December for Christmas college break. I know you will have great family time. Next spring maybe we will catch up at a show
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom