YO GEORGIANS! :)

Question: Would anyone be able to foster this dog if need be as we only have a month to find it a home, I'll kick in a bag of dog food, I just can't take it as I have 3 dogs and my land Lord may get upset with me if I bring another one home. I'm posting info at my vets and I'll put an add in the paper locally as soon as I get a good pic of the dog. We just don't want this girl to go to the pound.

Do I have "sucker" wirtten on my forehead somewhere? If you end up needing a foster, I'd consider it if she's crate-trained and can get along well with my dogs and cat.

Quote: Full-blooded dogs get dumped all the time. My giant schnauzer female was pulled from the pound. You'd be amazed at how many full-blooded dogs I fostered over the years. I've been blessed with some incredible fosters. Cane corsos, german shepherds, shih-tzus, etc. I've seen several chihuahuas and poodles come in as well, but I'd only foster dogs who had a slim chance of getting out otherwise.

Last edited:
Do I have "sucker" wirtten on my forehead somewhere? If you end up needing a foster, I'd consider it if she's crate-trained and can get along well with my dogs and cat.

Full-blooded dogs get dumped all the time. My giant schnauzer female was pulled from the pound. You'd be amazed at how many full-blooded dogs I fostered over the years. I've been blessed with some incredible fosters. Cane corsos, german shepherds, shih-tzus, etc. I've seen several chihuahuas and poodles come in as well, but I'd only foster dogs who had a slim chance of getting out otherwise.
how many dogs do you have? She's great with cats, and I've never had an issue with male dogs. She seems to have a good memory though because a female dog tried to take her toy, and she's been slightly suspicious of females since then. She REALLY well crate trained. It's the only reason why we've been able to survive with this many dogs up to this point! And her crate, food bowls, toys, etc would all go with her anywhere she went

I have 2 dogs-a senior citizen lab mix and a female giant schnauzer.

My female loves puppies and adores the bully breeds.  Kat has met Deja.  Both dogs are used to having fosters around, even though it's been a few years.

I've been blessed with an incredible "pack" for sure.
It's good that they're both large, she's scared of small dogs... Lol. I have a Bernese that basically acts like a senior, and she's great with him. I have a female senior Pyr and she completely avoids her. (The dog that tried to take her toy).

Quote:
That can be rehabbed out of her. I've lost count of the number of dogs I've rehabilitated over the years. Ok-not only me. My male giant was good at that and my female is now.

I'll be straight with you. If I foster her and she works out, I'll keep her as a permanent pack member.

To keep me from having to go back through all the posts on the thread-she's spayed, vaccinated, etc? If not, I can get that done.

That can be rehabbed out of her.  I've lost count of the number of dogs I've rehabilitated over the years.  Ok-not only me.  My male giant was good at that and my female is now.

I'll be straight with you.  If I foster her and she works out, I'll keep her as a permanent pack member.

To keep me from having to go back through all the posts on the thread-she's spayed, vaccinated, etc?  If not, I can get that done.
That sounds awesome! I'll be honest, some of my dogs are amazingly trained, but it gets to the point that when you have too many, you just can't spend the same amount of time. Yes, she is spayed and vaccinated.

Quote:
How many do you have? I had 4 "core" pack members and the others were fosters. That was my max. I would space out foster additions based on the current status of rehabs, etc. I think the shortest time I had a foster was 3 days. Pulled this adorable golden mix pup. Nothing was wrong with her (I evaluated all my dogs before posting for adoption) and she got adopted immediately after I put her up.

Longest foster I had was 8 months. Pit. There is a fear of them around here from a lot of families. She needed a lot of work before being put up for adoption so that added to the time she stayed with me.

How many do you have?  I had 4 "core" pack members and the others were fosters.  That was my max.  I would space out foster additions based on the current status of rehabs, etc.  I think the shortest time I had a foster was 3 days.  Pulled this adorable golden mix pup.  Nothing was wrong with her (I evaluated all my dogs before posting for adoption) and she got adopted immediately after I put her up.

Longest foster I had was 8 months.  Pit.  There is a fear of them around here from a lot of families.  She needed a lot of work before being put up for adoption so that added to the time she stayed with me.
Well, I have 4 dogs that have to stay. Lol. Honestly, I just never meant to have her in the first place. I just get overwhelmed. Kudos to you for being able to handle it! I've tried to work with her. I don't know if I mentioned it, but she did have a home at first, but a bad one, and came back with a lot of issues. We've worked through the food aggression, anxiety, and separation issues, and cat aggression. Dog shyness and stranger danger are two things we still have trouble with sometimes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom