YO GEORGIANS! :)

Oh me....had a rough night last night. Yesterday morning I was all excited about my 4 duck eggs. Two had started pipping. Was gone most the day yesterday and when I got home last night, I noticed bacteria growing all over the inside of the bator! If you recall, I had chicken eggs and duck eggs sent to me at the same time as a surprise present. My DD didn't realize the ducks needed an extra week. So, the chicks hatched this past Saturday. I then quickly pulled out the chicks and thought I did a good job cleaning out all the old chick shells, but I didn't realize how much gunk the chicks left while they climbed all over the bator...on the walls, thermometer, the duck eggs themselves! So, after hours of sleeplessness and worrying about these ducks, I got on the computer asking for advice. At 3 in the morning, I decided to go ahead and wrap the duck eggs in a warm towel and quickly clean the incubator. Then had to reset everything. I candled the eggs before I put them back in and saw life in only those 2 that had already pipped. I think the bacteria killed the others! Boooo! Anyway, the pips haven't change any since then. Waiting. Hoping.

Here's Stella with one of her ten new babies the last one kicked free at 12:30 today
wee.gif

That is so cute! I'm glad you asked this question...I have 40 Cochin eggs in the bator and there should be some whites in there. Now I have a great photo reference. Thanks and congrats on your cutie!
ok so according to mypetchicken.com they believe tht these are the light brahmas, and the ones it hought were light brahmas are partridge cochins and they are sending me replacement whites so my 18 just turned into 20 and i have 34 in the bator lol

So, I had some eggs from a vendor. Ordered 12, but got 18! Two were cracked so I set 16. 7 were not fertile, 4 were early deaths. 5 went into lockdown, only 2 hatched. Anyway, I wrote the vendor a nice evaluation of my whole experience with her eggs. (2 other vendor's eggs did extremely well with the same incubation time) Anyway, this vendor was really nice and offered to send me a whole new set of eggs! Yea! So here is my question. I would like to set some EEs, Araucanas or Wheaton Ameraucanas eggs, too. Does anyone live in the North GA mountains who may have some cheap eggs for me to incubate with this new batch that is coming? I live in Dawsonville near Amicalola Falls State Park. Near Ellijay or Dahlonega. Let me know! Thanks.

Hey guys I got some chicks that need to go. I have 12 EE chicks that were hatched Tuesday -wensday, a 4 week old Amber Link Pullet and a 7 week old Bantam EE cockeral. Alot of chocolate colored EE chicks in this batch. The EE bantam cockeral is a nice silver laced/penciled type with a nice full black beard and what appears to be a walnut comb. I thought he was a silver laced Wyandotte bantam when he was little but he grew a beard lol. PM me if your interested. ;)

I know the rain and wind and yuk days are a pain but....I think it has accomplished one thing at least. My girls have put themselves to roost in their coop two nights in a row by themselves. I reserve doing the happy dance until a few more nights like this have passed.

Back
Top Bottom