YO GEORGIANS! :)

Ok, all you North GA folk, how many square feet INCLUDING RUN do each of your chickens have? One group will have 22 sq ft, and the others will have 8 sq ft per bird. Will get to free range, but don't want them to be crowded....

mine will have in the coop 2sqft and in the run about 10sqft per bird not including multi level space

Well everything hatched but my silkies :( I can't get silkie eggs to hatch for nothing this is the third batch I have ordered and none hatched. All other babies are hatching so I know its not the incubator. Anyone find that silkies are not as hardy when shiped.

Well everything hatched but my silkies :( I can't get silkie eggs to hatch for nothing this is the third batch I have ordered and none hatched. All other babies are hatching so I know its not the incubator. Anyone find that silkies are not as hardy when shiped.

I have pretty low hatch rates with my silkies, too! I ordered a LG air fan to go with my LG a few weeks back and hatched two out of two goose eggs that were fertile. I'm about to put in a dozen of EE mixes and pure EE's then about 8 eggs of buff silkies and EE silkie crosses. My turner will be full!

Ok, all you North GA folk, how many square feet INCLUDING RUN do each of your chickens have? One group will have 22 sq ft, and the others will have 8 sq ft per bird. Will get to free range, but don't want them to be crowded....
My pen is roughly 300 square feet, and I have 11 chickens. I made my pen big enough to accommodate about 20 birds comfortably. I too, will soon be free ranging my birds during the day.

wee.gif
I think I can officially do the happy dance. My reluctant young hens have put themselves in the coop for 5 nights in a row (tonight without the aid of wind and rain). So nice to have that in place as I have 8 assorted chicks arriving next Tuesday wahoo to start all over again with these and then to get the two big sisters to accept the younger ones.

wee.gif
I think I can officially do the happy dance. My reluctant young hens have put themselves in the coop for 5 nights in a row (tonight without the aid of wind and rain). So nice to have that in place as I have 8 assorted chicks arriving next Tuesday wahoo to start all over again with these and then to get the two big sisters to accept the younger ones.
Yay!

I got my game birds today! Oh I had so much fun watching them get acquainted with the place.
ya.gif
Pittsburgh almost immediately saddled one of his hens, Savannah.
D.gif
Haha, that was funny to see.

My Game Rooster, Pittsburgh

Savannah

Cherokee

Charlotte

Savannah again

My first egg from my game hens! It's hard to see in this pic, but the egg was light pink. Pretty!

I got my game birds today! Oh I had so much fun watching them get acquainted with the place.
ya.gif
Pittsburgh almost immediately saddled one of his hens, Savannah.
D.gif
Haha, that was funny to see.

My Game Rooster, Pittsburgh

Savannah

Cherokee

Charlotte

Savannah again

My first egg from my game hens! It's hard to see in this pic, but the egg was light pink. Pretty!

Congrats. I'm a long way off to seeing my first egg..at least back to school time at the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom