YO GEORGIANS! :)

@GAMarans Let's make the time on sat 1pm will that be ok? and I can stay all day if you need me too

I'll bring a sign will work for food,
gig.gif

JK-ing no food

Last edited:
I love candling eggs....last saturday (the 18th) I put 8 welsummer eggs under a broody hen, I just went and candled them. 6 for sure are viable, one was kinda ?? and one was absolutely clear. Even with a 350 lumens cree flashlight, these things are hard to see through!

mama sure didn't like me raising her up and taking them out either, LOL but I'm sure by now she's all snuggled back in on top of the remaining 7

for those who are building a coop and wanting hardware cloth, when I built my hoop coop, I ordered the hardware cloth on amazon, absolutely the best price I found anywhere. Of course that's been a couple years ago, but it was nice to let the UPS driver carry out to the building site,
lau.gif

I priced shopped and just bought two 50' rolls last week, and WalMart was the cheapest at that time, but I see that Amazon has since matched WalMart's price, so there you go if you want it delivered to your door. Currently, the 50' rolls are a much better value than the 100' and 150' rolls.

I priced shopped and just bought two 50' rolls last week, and WalMart was the cheapest at that time, but I see that Amazon has since matched WalMart's price, so there you go if you want it delivered to your door. Currently, the 50' rolls are a much better value than the 100' and 150' rolls.
well like I said, that was 2 years ago, and I was shopping 100' rolls, which at that time were the best value.
Amazon is flaky though, let something get a bunch of searches, and the price will go UP very quickly

Last edited:
Still beats taking half a day riding all over town to not find what you want, settling for whatever they have and STILL having to pay sales tax on it. :)
That is true, but always check Walmart.com for price comparison. Sometimes, they'll beat Amazon or have clearance or used/refurbished stuff for a good bit less. I usually have two windows open when I'm searching so I can compare the two.

And Amazon will begin charging sales tax nationwide on April 1, we saw. Crazy how you can get better deals in smaller rolls sometimes.

GA is one of the handful states that Amazon has been charging sales tax. Now the rest of the country gets to participate in the fun. One good thing about the online competition from WalMart is that it caused Amazon to reconsider its $49 purchase minimum to qualify for free shipping, so they recently lowered the free-shipping threshold to $35.

Anyway, I ordered chicken nipples from Amazon a few weeks ago, and after the purchase, I discovered that the vendor is in China. I guess the shipment is on a slow boat from China because it's taking a long time to get here. I had no idea the vendor was in China until I received the China Post tracking number. Live and learn.
idunno.gif

Yep. We've
GA is one of the handful states that Amazon has been charging sales tax. Now the rest of the country gets to participate in the fun. One good thing about the online competition from WalMart is that it caused Amazon to reconsider its $49 purchase minimum to qualify for free shipping, so they recently lowered the free-shipping threshold to $35.

Anyway, I ordered chicken nipples from Amazon a few weeks ago, and after the purchase, I discovered that the vendor is in China. I guess the shipment is on a slow boat from China because it's taking a long time to get here. I had no idea the vendor was in China until I received the China Post tracking number. Live and learn. :idunno

Yep we've been enjoying amazon charging sales tax for quite some time so it means nothing to me. Running around town in a suburban & four kids? Well that price is just too HIGH!!!

I love my prime shipping but gotta be careful...needed an incubator in a pinch (our TSC is awful) and I was just about to click purchase next to the prime indicator & the price was right but in tiny letters it said "if available ships in 5-7 weeks" ummmmm...no.

Back
Top Bottom