YO GEORGIANS! :)

Actually, I have a few LF cochin pullets but they are young. I am hoping to have some up breeding next spring. I also have about 18 LF cochin Frizzle eggs under my broodies right now. I candled them today and they are all developing it looks like. :) I can't wait to see what they will look like. I have never seen a frizzle in the standard Cochins. I have been raising bantams. I am trying to make the transition. What color is your roo?

Actually, I have a few LF cochin pullets but they are young. I am hoping to have some up breeding next spring. I also have about 18 LF cochin Frizzle eggs under my broodies right now. I candled them today and they are all developing it looks like. :) I can't wait to see what they will look like. I have never seen a frizzle in the standard Cochins. I have been raising bantams. I am trying to make the transition. What color is your roo?

My Roos are young too...14 weeks old. I have three that I'll either swap out with someone or eat lol. I have 1 blue, 1 black/white splash, and one that is either self blue or a very pale splash. All have very good type and are very good looking. I've never seen a frizzle standard either. That will be very interesting! How old are your hens and how many, if any, would you like to part with?

Here's a link to pics of my chicks a few weeks ago. Numbers 4, 5, and 6 are the ones i need to re-home. I posted hoping for opinions on sexing them because I was afraid they were all Roos but one. Oh, and I have a runt that I have no idea what it is! I can can take some new pics this weekend if you are interested.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/484763/large-fowl-cochin-thread/1170#post_11655688

Last edited:
Cool looking Chickens! Im new to all this just got started with my backyard chickens. I also live in Brunswick,GA
If this is for me, thanks!
smile.png
How many chickens do you have and what kind?

Quote:
I have seen a lot of Armadillos on my property. I am south of you. They eat grubs, earthworms etc. Thats why they are always rooting up the yard. I have heard that if you kill the grubs they will leave.They may eat eggs if they are on the ground. I don't think they can get up to most nest boxws. I wouldn't consider them a threat to anything but your lawn.

Quote:
Missy there is a unique way to trap Armadillos. Instead of trying to bait ti which doesn't work too well. try to figure out where they are running. They like to travel along walls etc. The don't see too well. Take a trap like a Havahart and place it against the foundation of the house. Take a long wide board and place it against the opening of the trap and swing the other end out like a funnel into the trap. The Armadillo will walk along side of the house and the board will guide him into the trap. An old Armadillo trapper from South Alabama taught me that. Byron

So I have these two chickens that love vehicles! ANy kind, cars, tractors, trucks, 4 wheelers. If they have a chance, they are in it! The other day, the UPS truck came to deliver a package. The lady gets out and walks the package to the door. We thank her and she gets back in her truck and heads down the driveway. She gets all the way past the barn, slams on her breaks and we she jumps out screaming! We run to the door and yell "What's the matter?" She says, "My truck is full of chickens!" So she has to get back in and backs up and we have to go get them out! Then yesterday, we had a friend come and visit. He made the mistake of keeping his window down. He called when he got home. He said there was a smug of dirt on his front seat that we wondered about, but it wasn't until he got home and looked in the back seat and found a chicken egg that he knew what happened! Those chickens will sit in our four wheeler and on the tractor seat and if someone is staying at our house and leaves the door or trunk open, it will have a chicken in it! They love vehicles!

Back
Top Bottom