YO GEORGIANS! :)

I'm in northwest Georgia, between Fort Oglethorpe and Ringgold, in Catoosa county. I hatched a dozen chicks last weekend! When they get a little bigger, I'd be game to meet for a swap!

Welcome to the flock!! I'm in Ellijay, not too far away. My mom used to live in Trenton, GA and then she lived in Tiftonia, TN, so I used to come thru that area a lot. Good luck with your new chicks, post some pics, I'd love to see 'em.
frow.gif

Good morning everyone! Are we ready for some football!?!? War Eagle!

My chicken job today is to figure out how my hen, Houdini, is escaping the fence everyday. I will play 'spy' and follow her around! Will also be looking for her eggs somewhere up in the woods!

Would any one be interested in pre order Cream Legbar Chicks (no money up front just name and info on waiting list) they run $50 a chick if you look them up to buy them. They are auto sexed. I will sell $25 a male female pair. These are blue egg layers. Due to hatch in 20 days. If you are intrested in roosters CLB not to kill 4 mo we have several. .. to spare when mixing with brown egg layer get olive egg laying off spring

I am in Thomson willing when hatched if you get at least 2 pairs will charge alittle extra for gas and time....but willing to meet near conyers/mcdonough or quit possibly near brunswick

Good morning everyone! Are we ready for some football!?!? War Eagle!

My chicken job today is to figure out how my hen, Houdini, is escaping the fence everyday. I will play 'spy' and follow her around! Will also be looking for her eggs somewhere up in the woods!
I had the same problem with my RIR last season after a predator attack. I think she decided that her nesting spot in the coop with the others wasn't safe anymore; so she picked a spot in the woods and slid out under the run fence to lay her eggs. I watched which area of the woods she was coming and going from most often and that told me where to look for eggs. I had to lock her in the coop for several days and repeatedly put her on the nest with golf balls and other hens' eggs to retrain her where her eggs went. She still slipped out sometimes, but she stopped laying in the woods. I eventually put rocks all along the bottom of the run fence so that she couldn't get out anymore.

I haven't posted in a while but... I'm having a chicken sell off. I've posted them on craigslist but thought I'd post here too.

I have 4 EE's for $15 each. They hatched out the last week of April, all hens, and haven't started laying yet.

A BLRW pair, also around the last week of April, hen is not laying and the rooster is just starting to crow. $45 for the pair.

Must pick up in Euharlee :) E-mail me if you're interested as I don't get to check this thread as often as I like. [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom