YO GEORGIANS! :)

Dang hawks got another one of my pullets! Gah! A barred rock this time....

I hate that for you! I have lost my fair share of young ones. Now, my chickens are in a really large fenced in area under tons of trees. I have seen hawks fly over, but they don't seem to bother them now. You may have to keep them enclosed for a while until the hawk goes away to other pastures.

Well i've got my first confirmed predator. A few weeks ago i had a marans chick go missing and i thought it was a fluke but tonight my new salmon faverolles that i just posted pictures of inside also went missing. I was wondering why the chicks were all hiding in the coop around 4-5pm today. Also on this note...TSC has the 2 pack animal traps on sale for $20.00 on Black Friday.

I was told that you don't have to give up eggs when worming with Wazine. Then I was told that you had to wait a few days/weeks. Then I read the WARNING something like "Do not use in chickens producing eggs for human consumption". So which is it? I'm so confused...

Last edited:
Sorry, I just got tickled thinking about how cool it is that my pets give me breakfast and pay for themselves. hahhahahha
I know how you feel. Around here they give us Breakfast, Lunch and sometimes dinner. Love scrambled egg sandwiches! I got a call from a lady that needed 2 dozen eggs. She bought a dozen from me at the local farmers market this past Saturday. Love selling our eggs at the market. Hope they keep on selling.
fl.gif
It has been cool enough the past few Saturdays that I was able to have fresh eggs on display in an egg basket. The blue/green eggs usually get noticed first. Had one guy to ask to buy a dozen but that I didn't need to do anything fancy to his eggs. I asked him what he meant when he pointed to one of the blue/green eggs. I smiled and said I didn't do anything to the eggs to make them fancy, that is they way the hen makes them. I got a big Oh... guess he thought I had colored them.

What size traps are 2 for $20? Just as a note here- Flockraiser has 20% protein and can be given to all ages. If your girls are molting they may not be laying very much anyhow, some folks give flockraiser just in winter when the extra protein is needed. I hope everyine finds a solution for the predator problems. I had to suck it up and BUY eggs from the store fir Thanksgiving:-( Should have checked with my buddy down the road first but DH was on my case to just get the darn eggs while I was at the store. "They didn't kill us before you got into raising your own!" ;-) I don't use artificial lighting but had RIRs every other winter. I sure do miss them this year!

Well i've got my first confirmed predator. A few weeks ago i had a marans chick go missing and i thought it was a fluke but tonight my new salmon faverolles that i just posted pictures of inside also went missing. I was wondering why the chicks were all hiding in the coop around 4-5pm today. Also on this note...TSC has the 2 pack animal traps on sale for $20.00 on Black Friday.

DO NOT BUY THOSE TSC TRAPS!

I repeat do not buy TSC traps. They are lightweight pieces of junk that will not hold what it catches. I have trapped for a living for the last ten years i know traps and trapping. Every TSC trap of my experience has been ripped open by raccoons and armadillos (from the inside to get free) or dog, coyotes and raccoons (from the outside to get to the trapped opossum, cat or squirrel inside) often on the very first catch but never later than the third.
Not only will you waste your money but you'll educate animals on how to defeat traps.
The next level up is light duty traps at homecheapo/loweball/wallyworld but we in the business call them havajunk trap for a reason. They used to be solid traps, twenty years ago, but now need strengthening and reinforcing right out of the box but can work for light duty use but NEVER EVER FOR ARMADILLOS.
Now if you want to get good traps look for safeguard or tomahawk. Safeguard has standard and pro models, as does tomahawk. Other quality brands include Duke and Williams.

The best bar none is made right here in Moultrie, Georgia. Pricey but I feed my family with my traps.

www.advancedtrap.com

Back
Top Bottom