YO GEORGIANS! :)

I put up hummingbird feeders at our house. DH always ask why I make more work for myself. Well, we got new renters in yesterday and I heard one of the thirty year old guys yell, "Hey, I just saw a hummingbird. I've never seen one before!" Made my day!

I don't know but my roo ended up killing my hen, so I'd watch her
thumbsup.gif
will do

Hey! Yes, I ordered 5 saddles. When I put the first one on, everyone ran from her. They all took off squawking like she had some disease or something. Poor girl was ostracized for a day! Whenever she tried to walk toward the others, they just ran and then she ran after them and they all scattered again. It was comical in a sad way. Anyway, they all got use to it. I think your chickens/roo may have attacked the "alien thing on her back" and not really the hen. He may have thought he was trying to protect her from whatever was 'getting' her. But, I now have all five on hens. They seem to ignore them now. I find that many times, the aprons flap up, so not sure how well they are really working. We will see.

It did seem he went directly for the apron. He seemed to be trying to tear it off and when I went in to grab her he went at me, too. I just shoved him away and got her out so I could take it off her. As soon as she was back to 'normal' they were all fine. I took him out, put him in my lap where he promptly started snoozing and then I set him loose in the run ad continued the rest of my chores. I figure, I'll watch and wait. DH said if we need to try the saddle again, we can put it on her when we are out there working so we can watch them closely.

I felt bad because he reminded me of the abusive husband that beats on his wife for wearing some outfit he deems inappropriate. I think I may have been more horrified by that.

edited to add: how did you get them on? is there a trick to getting them on quickly without hurting them? I was fumbling with it and was so worried I was gonna snap her wing or break feathers off. The elastics seem really stiff.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom