YO GEORGIANS! :)

I have just came back into town my mom passed away the day of lock down the person that was coming in to feed the dogs did not keep water in the bator so all the eggs pipped and died in the shells . I am very disapointed at the same time it is my fault he has no knowledge of chickens , the big girls are in good shape thankful for that . Sooo starting over .

I have just came back into town my mom passed away the day of lock down the person that was coming in to feed the dogs did not keep water in the bator so all the eggs pipped and died in the shells . I am very disapointed at the same time it is my fault he has no knowledge of chickens , the big girls are in good shape thankful for that . Sooo starting over .

I'm sorry for your loss and I know the chicks were just an added sadness.
I hope your next batch is a huge heathy success.

so sorry about your mom! prayers for God's grace for you and your family. My mom died back in 1978, time does heal, at least makes it a bit easier.

had a rough hatch myself, 4 chicks from 14 eggs. One was a clear at day ten, one had quit by lockdown and then with the fan/temp situation only had 4 of the remaining 12 hatch. The others are still in there, one was rocking back and forth last night really well but didn't even pip over night.

Gonna candle it and another and see what's up, probably time to clean it out, clean it up and get ready for lockdown on the 11th. Going to find a fan to get in there....

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your mom which was enough to handle, but losing the eggs too, what a shame.

Thank you all we thank the lord that he called her home in her sleep she didn't suffer . I do have a question how young is to young for a roo to fertilize eggs mine is almost a year old so are the girls . I was just thinking I wonder if that had anything to do with the hatch . It was out of water for sure I really think that was the issue . Sorry to hear your hatch was not good Papa but look at it this way you have learned alot from it .I hope your next one is better.

Thank you all we thank the lord that he called her home in her sleep she didn't suffer . I do have a question how young is to young for a roo to fertilize eggs mine is almost a year old so are the girls . I was just thinking I wonder if that had anything to do with the hatch . It was out of water for sure I really think that was the issue . Sorry to hear your hatch was not good Papa but look at it this way you have learned alot from it .I hope your next one is better.
if he's crowing and mounting, they'll most likely be fertile, but just crack some for breakfast (or lunch) and check. look for the white circle bullseye on the yolk

Ok. I cannot resist the fact that chick days has begun. In order to establish accountability, and resist temptation-I am publicly declaring I WILL NOT walk out with a box full of fluffy butts today. For now. just plotting my next move. Seeing what Newnan has to offer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom