YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hello folks that live in Georgia - I live in NE Georgia (Clermont)!

I am looking for a local source of non-GMO barley, BOSS, and/or oat seed to use for sprouting. I feed my animals fodder, and I'm paying too much to have seed shipped. Does anyone know a source - it doesn't need to be certified organic - but absolutely no chemicals and no GMO's. I travel to Atlanta often, and I am willing to travel elsewhere to pick up! Thanks everyone!

Do horses hatch?

Nope only if it comes from a laid egg
Yay! Are these some of my babies or not? Send photos of eggs and chicks!

No, but I will post pics tomorrow
Seriously katsdar!! I read they're not prone to broodiness??
1f624.png
1f624.png
oh, don't believe that, I have 3 and once they start they don't stop, at least that is the way with my 3

I have my black astrolorps gone broody, NNNNNNOOOOOOOO too early, those girls once they start stay broody,
I'm getting 25 eggs a day and all my girls are not on line!!! :celebrate I have blue ones and green ones and white ones and all shades of brown!!!!

I hatched 5 babies, pics to come!!!

Ok, so here is the goat baby run-down ...

1st- twins, 1 of each
2nd- triplets, 2 boys 1 girl
3rd- triplets, 2 girls, 1 boy
4th- single, female
5th- single, male
6th- twins, 1 of each

Sadly we did have one little girl that was gravely injured and did not pull through.

11 kids ... not too shabby.

Congrats y'all on all the babies! I wanna see pictures of those goats!

I'll be hatching some myself soon: our silky has gone broody again. She's a great mom, but a terrible hatcher... so I'm throwing 30 into the incubator to see what comes of it.

I have 26 eggs in the bator now, and here are the newest ones

Annie thinks she needs to lick their butts, and she is so protective, crazy dog

chicks in glass, had to put them some where while I cleaned the brooder!!!

Hello folks that live in Georgia - I live in NE Georgia (Clermont)!

I am looking for a local source of non-GMO barley, BOSS, and/or oat seed to use for sprouting. I feed my animals fodder, and I'm paying too much to have seed shipped. Does anyone know a source - it doesn't need to be certified organic - but absolutely no chemicals and no GMO's. I travel to Atlanta often, and I am willing to travel elsewhere to pick up! Thanks everyone!

I also Do fodder. I get my barley seeds from my local feed store. Not sure if it is non gmo. I willl check. I know you can also get it up your way because my friend use to get it up there. I will ask her the name of the store. I have recently bought some whole oats (by mistake) in the horse section of the store. I am trying to sprout it, but it's been too cold. I did, however, ferment some of the seeds which the chickens gobbled down.

I also Do fodder. I get my barley seeds from my local feed store. Not sure if it is non gmo. I willl check. I know you can also get it up your way because my friend use to get it up there. I will ask her the name of the store. I have recently bought some whole oats (by mistake) in the horse section of the store. I am trying to sprout it, but it's been too cold. I did, however, ferment some of the seeds which the chickens gobbled down.
@Flowerbh - I am in Dawsonville often - which local feed store do you go to? I was able to find some organic feed grade barley from my feed store, but it's just not the best for sprouting - it's by New Country Organics and it just doesn't seem to want to grow well for me. I might try it again in the summer when temps are easier to manage in my greenhouse that I grow the fodder in, as I know that's a factor in the growth. Yet I just bought some human grade barley for sprouting that is much cleaner and sprouting much better - which is what leads me to think the quality of the New Country Organics is a factor in slow growth.

Last edited:
@Flowerbh - I am in Dawsonville often - which local feed store do you go to? I was able to find some organic feed grade barley from my feed store, but it's just not the best for sprouting - it's by New Country Organics and it just doesn't seem to want to grow well for me. I might try it again in the summer when temps are easier to manage in my greenhouse that I grow the fodder in, as I know that's a factor in the growth. Yet I just bought some human grade barley for sprouting that is much cleaner and sprouting much better - which is what leads me to think the quality of the New Country Organics is a factor in slow growth.

I get my Barley from Brooksher's Feed store. He orders it because I asked him to! I have great success with it.....but, like you said. Too cold...I don't have a greenhouse and I know the best temp to grow things in is between 65 -75 degrees.

The company I use

Chickens can't wait to get their fodder

Tried growing inside in different bowls. Worked, but not big enough.

Back
Top Bottom