YO GEORGIANS! :)

Blue is the daddy. The chick will be splash. It looks more.splash than blue.
Based on that info, your chick will definitely be a splash. I hope it has the frizzle gene. You'll be able to tell when the first pin feathers on the wings start to come in. If they curl upward, then the chick is a frizzle. If the feathers lay flat, then it didn't get the frizzle gene.
Cutie pie was bread with Q-Tip the smaller white and Blue was bread with Satin. I don't think the partridge has been laying I call her Penelope how old is she?
The partridge silkie is the same age as the splash girls. I have the exact date in my little black chicken book...It's in one of these moving boxes somewhere! :)

We've had the farm here on the market for a year now and only had 3 potential buyers come look at it. We've decided to take it off. Now comes the transition to moving the family out here, selling the other place and start making money off of the place.
My son and his wife are interested in trying to do some farmer market or CSA type sales. They set up a Facebook page for us https://www.facebook.com/LongLeafGeorgia/
Check it out and share it with your friends.
Oh, and buy some of our stuff;)
Hey Jack, my Chinese friend was very excited to get the vacuum-packed shiitake mushrooms. She was asking me all about your farm operation. She's also interested in the quail, quail eggs, duck eggs, and chickens. I gave her your card, so I hope you hear from her soon (and her friends). She also asked me if you raised geese for meat. Evidently a lot of the Chinese like to eat them, especially around the holidays. Geese maybe something to consider adding to your farm.

Glad to hear you're keeping the farm. Lots of potential out there. Should be fun to see what you and your son decide to do. If you need help with anything, let me know.

Based on that info, your chick will definitely be a splash. I hope it has the frizzle gene. You'll be able to tell when the first pin feathers on the wings start to come in. If they curl upward, then the chick is a frizzle. If the feathers lay flat, then it didn't get the frizzle gene.

The partridge silkie is the same age as the splash girls. I have the exact date in my little black chicken book...It's in one of these moving boxes somewhere! :)
After her heat stroke of which she has recovered now she didn't do anything didn't want to get out and would set by herself for the longest time. It has only been recently that she comes out of the pen and walks around. She may have stopped laying to recover. The buff lays the cream colored egg the frizles lay the brown ones I am not sure what color egg she lays. Hopefully she will start laying again in the spring if not before. I will keep my eye on her. I love them all though they are the only ones that are.really named. The frizles love to be on my lap being petted.Cotton has started wanting to be on my lap as well. Blue likes attention but doesn't stay long. Q tip has started coming more often Cutie pie will allow attention but would rather be on the ground and Penelope I have to pick up but doesn't like to be held much. During Satins Broodiness I have to take her off the nest for her to eat and go to the bathroom. She won't get off her nest willingly to do there things. Another frizzle egg hatched today looks like the first one. She has three more two are Cutie pies eggs one is pipping. Excited to be raising these Silkies
The black chicks haven't been named yet because I don't know if there girls or boys but one will be named Ebony.
Hope all is well with everyone. Have you decided what you might rase this spring? Starting over gives you an idea of what might be best for you since you know more now what you like.

Hey Jack, my Chinese friend was very excited to get the vacuum-packed shiitake mushrooms. She was asking me all about your farm operation. She's also interested in the quail, quail eggs, duck eggs, and chickens. I gave her your card, so I hope you hear from her soon (and her friends). She also asked me if you raised geese for meat. Evidently a lot of the Chinese like to eat them, especially around the holidays. Geese maybe something to consider adding to your farm.

Glad to hear you're keeping the farm. Lots of potential out there. Should be fun to see what you and your son decide to do. If you need help with anything, let me know.
Thank you. I don't think I'm ready to venture into Geese yet. They poop a lot more than ducks. Maybe a couple as guardians.
I think I've got a good brooder system worked out for the ducks to contain as much of their water as possible. I'll give it a few more days to see how it goes.

Come and get 'em while they're fresh!!!
IMG_20171014_185318.jpg

My first Silkie frizzle chick hatched today. The egg was.from one of the paint frizzles I got from Bruce. It has black skin and dark eyes but don't know about the earlobes yet.
View attachment 1159274

:love:wee:yesss:

So beautiful! I'm waiting not so patiently for my frizzled cochins to grow so I can breed them to my silkies and showgirls.

Anybody on BYC live in Georgia?
I'm gonna make a list of Georgians below! Let's get the LONGEST list possible! Each name counts one point, and mods or staff are worth 5 points!

Georgians' names collected so far:
1. SeramaSweetie
2. Pumpkinpup
3. porteryork
4. rooster-red
5. jonbanks
6. Chix-in-GA
7. mazdacrzy
8. Missouri chick
9. bantyman
10. 1acrefarm
11. EggCentric
12. poohevans
13. mattmatt's-momma
14. newnanchic
15. soonerdog
16. bargain
17. asa
18. key west chick
19. rays123
20. Granolamom
21. Lupa
22. PunkërTeçhñöRøø§ter
23. AnnMarie12
24. GaDawg
25. 2chickenrich
26. embkm
27. Los Pollitos
29. katrek
30. oegblady
31. spotnapp
32. teresac
33. Lmarie
34. speckledhen (MOD= 5 pts!)
35. dawg53
36. featherfooted
37. Hellvagirl
38. lpatelski

POINTS COLLECTED:
42. Wow!
ya.gif
So Many!
yippiechickie.gif

What about me? :-D

Several more
brucifer
Flowerbh
Mylied
Vikingchickens
Me sue25
Tabasco Jack

Ha! There I am. Notifications for this group are so random for me.

Woo hoo! I got my incubator out and running today! A friend of mine called crying and said her Tom turkey just died. They have 21 eggs from him (his hens) and wanted me to try to hatch them. I think some are older than 10 days and some are pretty dirty, but I'm gonna try them. After a week, I will put some chicken eggs in there with them.

Dallas, Georgia here with 12 black Australorps (11 hens, 1 Roo). They turned 20 weeks old today. How much longer till I get my first egg?

Back
Top Bottom