YO GEORGIANS! :)

Bruce. Maybe you can help me with some genes questions. My Ayam Cemani rooster is going to be a daddy! So, questions: Do you know if their black combs/wattles are recessive or dominant? One of the hens is a white leghorn....are the white feathers dominant or the black? Or will there just be some of each color? I guess what I am asking is....can I get white chicks (or other colors) with black combs? Thanks for any info!
Becky, the fibro gene (Fm) will washout quickly unless you cross your AC cockerel with another high-quality AC. The people who breed ACs have to cull very hard to get solid black offspring. From what I have read, it seems that there are more than one gene that influence the expression of solid black. My guess is that your WL x AC offspring will show something in the order of white feathers and skin with a slightly darkened tint. This is just my guess though. It will be interesting to see what develops. Hope you can find an AC girl or four for that AC cockerel.

BTW, Sven, the Swedish Flower that I got from you last year is living in chicken heaven. He is the lone rooster with a harem of 20 hens. Our friend who has him says he's a great rooster and a wonderful protector. Having great looks didn't hurt. Glad he found a happy home.

Becky, the fibro gene (Fm) will washout quickly unless you cross your AC cockerel with another high-quality AC. The people who breed ACs have to cull very hard to get solid black offspring. From what I have read, it seems that there are more than one gene that influence the expression of solid black. My guess is that your WL x AC offspring will show something in the order of white feathers and skin with a slightly darkened tint. This is just my guess though. It will be interesting to see what develops. Hope you can find an AC girl or four for that AC cockerel.

BTW, Sven, the Swedish Flower that I got from you last year is living in chicken heaven. He is the lone rooster with a harem of 20 hens. Our friend who has him says he's a great rooster and a wonderful protector. Having great looks didn't hurt. Glad he found a happy home.
Thanks. I kept one male and one female. Unfortunately the male has lots of red bleeding thru his wattles, but I’m not intending to breed ACs. Just wanted to add some interest to my flock! The female looks much better. They are really small chickens! Are you getting back into chickens?

Welcome aboard, 4 ever Orpington. I am at the opposite end of Union county from you. There's another member in Fannin co. too way up here: Speckled Hen. She's very knowledgeable about biosecurity.

Becky, I am one who has not been big on NNs, but that little black top hat in the back has got to be the cutest chick I have ever seen.
Thanks eclecktic1

Back
Top Bottom