Yogurt...

AnimalGeek23

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 10, 2018
New York State
My 4 day old chicks discovered yogurt... and I’ve only given it to them because I’ve heard that it helps with diarrhea, and a few of them had a bit of moist poo. When they were enjoying it, though, I’ve also read that they can’t digest dairy very well so I don’t know what to believe. They’ve only consumed a tiny bit, so I think they will be fine... right?

My 4 day old chicks discovered yogurt... and I’ve only given it to them because I’ve heard that it helps with diarrhea, and a few of them had a bit of moist poo. When they were enjoying it, though, I’ve also read that they can’t digest dairy very well so I don’t know what to believe. They’ve only consumed a tiny bit, so I think they will be fine... right?

As long as it is plain yogurt. Flavored yogurt has a LOT of sugar in it which would not be good for them.

As long as it is plain yogurt. Flavored yogurt has a LOT of sugar in it which would not be good for them.
They'll be fine but it's not really necessary to feed them yogurt. The moist poo you are noticing might be cecal poop which is completely normal.
Ah, thank you! And yes, we did give them plain and unflavored yogurt. ^^

Back
Top Bottom