You call that egg a large huh? Hold my beer!

Always put a quarter in the pic for scale.
Good to weight them in grams too.
Bet there's two yolks in there.

Just barely below 80 grams. Teetering between 79.9 and 80.
The quarter may be deceptive in this photo because the egg has much more depth.

Attachments

• 20200126_230214.jpg
    20200126_230214.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 9
Thank you! Red (totally unexpected name 🤪) is a joy.
The flock we have is a couple of weeks behind yours. Our egg layer of the group
, at this point in time, is a sapphire gem. I didn’t expect eggs until spring either. The girls are all showing signs of being close to laying... Sapphire is the largest bird of the little group and seems to be my star. She is also the one that teaches me the most. She had sour crop a few days back. That was a scary experience. I seriously thought she would be a goner. Thanks to this site and some YouTube info I was able to treat her successfully. She is the one that gave us the nice large brown egg. Our weather was having a super cold snap during Sapphire’s dilemma which compounded my fears. All in all it turned out well. Sapphire is back to her old self, the weather has warmed a bit and she is laying again. I had no idea there was so much to learn about chickens. 😬. I read everything I can to absorb as much as possible for their benefit. Even though they are chickens, I want them to be happy and healthy. They are a lot of company to me and a source of entertainment too! 🥰❤️🥰
Ok after further review I think that egg might be from my gold comet/isa brown. Got another one might be a tad bigger but the color fits the comets. Might have been low on calcium on the first egg so color a bit off.
Ha your explanation is so familiar. I have no idea why I like these stupid birds (hence my name), but I have a heart for them. I have an old orpington hen and I swear she is the spirit animal of my mother in law. If the 2 were walking side by side you couldn't tell them apart.

Lol I was recently bestowed this gift, this god among eggs, this testament to all happy chickens everywhere.
I dont much much for egg size qualifications but this one is definitely fit for a king. Here it is dwarfing what a store considers to be large.
View attachment 2011058
What kind of beer do your chickens drink exactly? That’s a big egg 😂

Back
Top Bottom