You try it before we buy it

Good Coop Keeping Comsumer Reports?!
lau.gif

funny, vfem
gig.gif

Well, Nifty-Chicken is it worth checking into?

Like mentioned earlier--a star rating on a product (by catagory?)

and the consumer's reasons for recommending it to another or not.

And to keep the threads alive, Maybe someone will be a guinea pig and try a new item on the market.

Kooshie,
big_smile.png
ME???? I always let someone else go first.
wink.png

Except if I really need to go to the bathroom.
gig.gif

You could also add homemade things that worked out feeders waterers etc. and post pics kinda like yall did with coop pics. I have learned a lot from reading on the forums but to have one thread containing all this would be great especially for us newer chicken folks. I know I personally would get a lot from it. Always looking for new ideas and methods.

It would be really tricky with so many different products and uses, but it may be worth it to do this in stages.

First we should try to start something using the current tools on hand: the forum threads / topics and maybe even Polls. We could also use the BYC personal pages to create product review pages. Also, we could use Google Docs form submit like we have for the buyer / seller review system.

If there seems to be a lot of interest then maybe we can build a more formal database / system.

Again, for now let's brainstorm ways we could do this with what we already have and see how it goes from there.

I think if you do a search someone has said good and bad about just about every product out there.

Search LG incubators you will find the are the best for your money, and that they are junk.

Same with waterers, plastic is the only way to go, and never buy plastic waterers again etc.....

Same with feeds, medication, candlers, if you can name it there will be 2 people with extremely different opinions, so best you can do is ask and see how many respond with positive vs. negative feedback on whatever product you are thinking of purchasing. So unless it is something completely new you should be able to get some kind of feedback already, either by asking or by searching to see what others have already said.

Quote:
I wonder if we have a system set up like amazon does. Have a 5 star rating and then be able to post a review of it. Amazon is always one of the first places I go before I buy something. I like to see what other people have rated it and how many people rated. If there is a camera I want to buy and 180+ people have rated it and its only a 2 1/2 star rating, then I will go look for something else.

I wonder if a system like that is possible here?

Back
Top Bottom