Young EE’s looking different from each other

Brittsitt

Hatching
Mar 22, 2024
Hi there! I have two 2 week old EE’s and I’m really hoping they’re both pullets! (Aren’t we all? lol) I know it’s way too soon too tell for certain and I understand that EE’s seem to be more difficult to tell, but one of them has longer wings (length of body now) and has started growing her tail feathers. The other one still has no tail feathers I feel like it has a more square and shorter wing. Could it just be coincidental that they’re different area am I looking at a roo? They’re both very calm and sweet, neither have much in the way of a comb yet (again I know they’re very young) but I can’t help but worry the one with the shorter wing is a roo. Sorry for the crappy pictures but I feel like you can see the wing and tail differences in them here

Attachments

• IMG_4657.png
    IMG_4657.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4656.jpeg
    IMG_4656.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 8
Ees are mixes of mixes, no telling from feathers.
Honestly that makes me feel a little better. I’ve read that before but when it’s your own birds you start to second guess because they don’t look exactly like other ones you see on here. Thank you for your input!

Hi there! I have two 2 week old EE’s and I’m really hoping they’re both pullets! (Aren’t we all? lol) I know it’s way too soon too tell for certain and I understand that EE’s seem to be more difficult to tell, but one of them has longer wings (length of body now) and has started growing her tail feathers. The other one still has no tail feathers I feel like it has a more square and shorter wing. Could it just be coincidental that they’re different area am I looking at a roo? They’re both very calm and sweet, neither have much in the way of a comb yet (again I know they’re very young) but I can’t help but worry the one with the shorter wing is a roo. Sorry for the crappy pictures but I feel like you can see the wing and tail differences in them here
I have 3 all three different with EEs it’s hard to tell they were vent sexed but still sometimes wrong … all are suppose to be female but we shall see 😂🐥

Attachments

• IMG_6980.jpeg
    IMG_6980.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6990.jpeg
    IMG_6990.jpeg
    396.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom