Young EE Roo needs a home, Greenville SC area

kristengrissom

Hatching
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone in the Upstate SC area (near Greenville, SC) want a young EE roo? (Free)

He's a good roo, mates well with the girls, not aggressive at all, about 7-8 months old, and carries the blue egg gene (a cross between a splash Ameraucana roo and a Barred Rock hen, I think - may be a Black Copper Marans hen). We have too many roos and one needs to go. We're happy to give him away, or we'll cull him out if necessary. (Frankly, I like him and would love to find a home, rather than a pot, for him.)

is he still available? i have chickens that i keep in my backyard that are about 2-3 years old. they are pets, not dinner....though they do provide breakfast...hahaha. i am in taylors

Yes, he is still available. We are planning to cull him out unless someone would like him. He's a pretty nice rooster, very pretty, and carries the blue egg gene. He also mates well with the hens. We have too many roos.
I'm in Blue Ridge.

i would like to get him. Do you have pics? Where in blue ridge are you? I am not too far from Sandy Flats gas station. Actually closer to Willis #3 near Mountain View Elementary.

can i pick him up tomorrow? we can meet at skyland school if you like. do you have anything you would consider selling? chickens, eggs, etc.... if so, please include a pic or description.

Sounds great. I should be home in the early evening from work. Want to try for around 5:30?
Do you have a cage? We'll have to figure out transfer. I'm sure he'll be pretty freaked out.
We haven't sold any of our chickens or eggs, but if you're looking for hatching eggs, I'd be happy to give you some.

How many do you want? I have probably a dozen that I collected yesterday and today that are unwashed and appropriate for hatching. They're a mix of breeds, from Ameraucana to Barred Rock, Rhode Island Red, Olive Egger, Australorp, and Red Comet,... there may be a Marans egg there. My roos are this guy (EE), a purebred Ameraucana, and a purebred Black Copper Marans. Any of the 3 could be the daddy.

Back
Top Bottom