Young Hawaii based chicken farmer(?)

starlabantam

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 4, 2017
Hello, I wouldn’t consider myself a farmer but definitely a chicken enthusiast! I’m located in Hawaii and finally decided to make an account here after years of checking out this site for answers!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I first got chickens sometime around 2010~ My aunt gave me her chickens when she moved away when I was about 7-9

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Seven; three roosters, four hens

(3) What breeds do you have?
Americauna Hawaiian mix, one pure bred Cochin, two mix of those two and three bantams

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Discovering their personalities as you raise them <3

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Herbalism, gardening, apothecary. (Really bad at it lol)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
As I grown, I’ve been known as the chicken girl in my neighborhood. People still come to my door to hand me over chickens that I can’t take sadly :hit

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
this community has helped me so much over the years with advice and such that I’d glean from posts without ever adding my own but I have a situation that I need to make my own post about since I haven’t found anything like it. I’m hoping yall could help me.

Back
Top Bottom