young hens making noise??

LilyRoseDaisy

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 29, 2007
Sunny Arizona
Our 3 hens JUST started laying eggs. 2 of them make EXTREMELY loud noise for HOURS(yes HOURS!!!) before they lay or while others are laying.
Could some one tell me if they will be this loud forever or just the first month or so till they adapt?? Is there anything I could do?
Thanks!

Last edited:
That is what hens do!! They must announce to the world that they just laid an egg!!
lol.png
What is the best, is when you have 30 birds doing it at once!!!
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

I like both of your little icons! Hahaha
big_smile.png

Can someone tell me a little more about your hens? Do they make noise ALL morning, ALL day, or just for 20 minutes?

Thanks!

Quote:
Every morning when I go outside to feed the horses, the higher up hens are all perched on the highest places making the "gaaaw gaaaw gawwww!" noise. Who knows what that is. Maybe it's my morning hello.
hmm.png
Sometimes the racket lasts a few minutes, sometimes longer.
The "bok bok bok bakaaaack!" noise lasts for a few minutes but they do it a few times a day. I love it when they do that!
lol.png

were your hens hyper when they first started laying? My Daisy gets so worked up before she lays AND when others are laying! She can be heard from a mile away!!!
I'm worried because I don't want to be told to get rid of them!!!
sad.png

Last edited:
My hens have just started laying (1RIR, 2 Silver-laced Wyandottes, 2 Easter Eggers)... so far just the RIR and one of the Wyandottes have laid. But they get SO excited before/during/after laying and the others join in the chorus.

My neighbors haven't complained YET but I can tell they do notice... so do the hens get used to laying without singing so much?

Back
Top Bottom