Young roo is sweet but won't stop pecking me....

oconnorfamily25

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
My grey silkie roo is still kind of a baby, and he'll snuggle up with you if you pick him up.
But.........
When I put my hand in his box, he comes over and pecks me.
HARD.
What should I do to make him stop????

He bites you because it's an enclosed space with no-where to run. He cannot tell who you are unless he can see you
smile.png
It's instinctive, and I would personally leave it be. He sounds like a sweet guy
wink.png

I would pick him up and carry him around for a minute or two. I don't coddle roos- even silkie roos. I don't cuddle with them since they are protectors and might turn on me later.

Show him gently that you are the boss. That you are so powerful but loving that he has no chance.

I too am going through the same thing also with a Silkie Roo who took FOREVER to figure out he was a boy now is so hormonal. Mine pecks all the time doesn't matter where he is...in his box in his run out in the open he drew blood the other day and got chased around the house. I would like to hear how to fix this situation we have re named him EL DIABLO.

63546_035.jpg

Question: I have 3 Sumatra cockerels, age 19 weeks. They do this little side stepping dance at the hens, and also at me. I suppose it's a sort of threatening gesture? Is this something all roos do? they are my first. The alpha male really doesn't bother doing it, the #2 roo does a bit, and the #3 does it a lot. Anyone have an explanation for that order? is it because the #3 roo thinks he needs to show more of a force than say the Alpha roo feels he needs to show?

I had the same proplrm .... but mine was serious proplrem he pieck me and the chickens but my answer was to give him away to a farm !!! but know my coop is peace full ! like i wanted it to be!!

Back
Top Bottom