Your favorite Corn & Soy free feed

hollytruitt

Chirping
Apr 16, 2023
I have found a few posts about this topic. I know its controversial and have read both sides so I am not up for debate on this. Due to allergies (severe) to corn and soy we need to have soy/corn free feed otherwise i will be the only one feeding our flock of chickens. ;(.

If you use Corn and Soy Free feed what is your favorite and why?

I have seen the following recommended in here and other FB chicken groups:
New Country Organics
Scratch and Peck
NatureCrest from Trucking Mill
Modesto mill
Grubbly (way too high of a price point so this is out)
Reedyfork Farm (This looks promising)

Right now I am leaning more towards New Country Organics.
Thank you!

Last edited:
I probably can by looking to see if they have the nutritional analysis.
That will tell you a lot. Go to the company website and see if they have nutrition specifications. I've added a picture of the label of what I feed, Kalmbach 20% Flockmaker. It has both corn and soy, so this is not the right choice for you.
IMG_0781.JPG

I'm going to tag @U_Stormcrow to explain more about what the numbers mean, and why they are critical. He gets tagged a lot about this stuff. (Thanks, man.)

That will tell you a lot. Go to the company website and see if they have nutrition specifications. I've added a picture of the label of what I feed, Kalmbach 20% Flockmaker. It has both corn and soy, so this is not the right choice for you.
View attachment 3495449
I'm going to tag @U_Stormcrow to explain more about what the numbers mean, and why they are critical. He gets tagged a lot about this stuff. (Thanks, man.)
That is fine. As long as there are no debates on this. I know Stormcrow doesn't approve of no soy no corn feed as I have seen other postings about this. So far what I have seen that is on my radar is good.

Oh, I think I misunderstood your question. Mea culpa.

Rereading your initial post, I see you're looking for people's experience with these feeds. 🤦‍♀️ Must be past my bedtime.

Oh, I think I misunderstood your question. Mea culpa.

Rereading your initial post, I see you're looking for people's experience with these feeds. 🤦‍♀️ Must be past my bedtime.
Its ok. I understand its a controversial topic. :). Just need to know the favorites of those that use No Corn No soy. :)

I have found a few posts about this topic. I know its controversial and have read both sides so I am not up for debate on this. Due to allergies (severe) to corn and soy we need to have soy/corn free feed otherwise i will be the only one feeding our flock of chickens. ;(.

New Country Organics
Scratch and Peck
Modesto mill

Thank you!
Tucker Mill Non-GMO is what I feed....

New Country Organics
Scratch and Peck
Modesto mill

Thank you!
My feed is nothing like you're looking for. I know a lot ofnpeople here use the Scratch and Peck brand though.

I'm actually using songbird seed mix for my baby chicks right now because I had a bag laying around. They seem to like it a lot

That's not exclusively their diet though as their mothers are walking them around everywhere both on and off my land

Back
Top Bottom