Your Happy Flock

Be happy to attach pictures and stories about your chickens on this thread! I don't have any pictures of my chickens yet but I will soon! Here's my happy flock!

Buttercup: Oldest chicken, buff Orpington
Daddy: (Yes, it is a girl,) Black Sex Linked
Peppermint: Bossiest bird, Red Star
Ariel: The Broodiest, buff Orpington
Flashwing: High Flyer, slim Ancona
Misty: Prettiest Bird, silver-laced Wyandotte
Elsa: Smallest Girl, orange colored Golden Sex Linked

I WILL have pictures of them soon!

WyandotteLove1

Your girls sound awesome! I've got 37 birds, so I can't exactly post pictures of them all at the same time.
big_smile.png
But here are a few for starters!
Jaylin, Easter Egger

Cookie, Sicilian Buttercup

Alex, Golden Campine

Mairead, Speckled Sussex

Boo, Black Ameraucana

Avalon, Silver Spangled Hamburg

Enya, Welsummer/Barnevelder cross

-Alex

Last edited:
Okay, this is a really hilarious story.

So, we've been through several 1,000,000,000 Arucanas, and they have all either been roos or have been caught by raccoons and things like that. Well, we just figured out that the one that we have RIGHT NOW is a hen, and she has the LEAST amount of patterns on her feathers!! OMGOSH!!! SO ANNOYING!!! The one Arucana that is actually a hen is the least beautiful of all the Arucanas that we've had throughout our chicken experience! Ugh! I'm not saying that she's NOT beautiful, I'm just saying that she hasn't caught up in beautification
as all of our puffy-cheeked roos!

Also... I FINALLY GOT PICS OF MY BIRDIES!!! My beautiful Aru is the brown one in the picture. These are some old photos so I'm going to have to take some new ones, because we moved our younger ones out into the coop. They look like full grown hens now, even though they aren't laying quite yet. The chicks in the picture below are in their weird teenager stage, so please pardon the heads that aren't large enough for their bodies.
wink.png
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

!

Your girls sound awesome! I've got 37 birds, so I can't exactly post pictures of them all at the same time. :D But here are a few for starters! Jaylin, Easter Egger Cookie, Sicilian Buttercup Alex, Golden Campine Mairead, Speckled Sussex Boo, Black Ameraucana Avalon, Silver Spangled Hamburg Enya, Welsummer/Barnevelder cross -Alex
Those are very beautiful birds!

Your girls sound awesome! I've got 37 birds, so I can't exactly post pictures of them all at the same time.
big_smile.png
But here are a few for starters!
Jaylin, Easter Egger

Cookie, Sicilian Buttercup

Alex, Golden Campine

Mairead, Speckled Sussex

Boo, Black Ameraucana

Avalon, Silver Spangled Hamburg

Enya, Welsummer/Barnevelder cross

-Alex
How do you tell the difference between all 37 of your birds? It's just like my friend!

How do you tell the difference between all 37 of your birds? It's just like my friend!
Good question!
smile.png
Almost every one of our birds is a different breed or color variation, so it's pretty easy at this point. But, I must add that there are a few birds who appear kind of the same. We have 2 pairs of twin ducks who I can quickly tell apart even though they look just almost identical to others. Take my two Khaki Campbells, Kira and Amira, for instance:

Or what about Ebony and Jade the Cayugas (excluding Indi the Blue Runner)? They both look so similar!

Baby and Petra, our Barred Rocks, are pretty easy to tell apart, too!
smile.png

-Alex

Awesome birds!! I'm still working on telling mine apart and feel bad that I can't lol finally named then today though. Had 3 named and the other 5 not named because they looked the same and I just couldn't think of one but I finally named them today haha

The ones I had named already were the distinctive one, our only Barred Rock is May, short for Mayflower since well, Plymouth Rock, not very creative at all but it's the first to pop into my head lol my white (also black laced/pretty pattern) Easter Egger is Diva because she was taking a dust bath one time and flopped completely on her side (which a lot of them do for a moment) but then one by one everybody left and she stayed and wss like that forever until finally one came and pecked her then walked/ran right over her as if to say COOOMEEE OOOONNNN ALREADY!! And she got up LOL sooo... she was being a diva. Bunny the tan/orangey and laced (but not as much as Diva) EE was named a couple weeks ago and it just sort of stuck. I didn't want it because it wasn't original but I couldn't think of anything so I just started calling her it.

Then the Buff Orpingtons I've been tossing around honey, sweetie, etc. For a while but didn't like them but today when I was sitting with them I randomly thought of 3 good names for birds and chose the bird to fit the name lol I was going to name one of the Australorps Angel but they are mean sometimes lmfao and then it didn't fit with a BO but I liked Amber and the first 2 I thought of today stayed. So the BOs are now Penny, Honey, and Amber. And yes I went back to the Honey name lol call me mean but Penny took a dust bath or got splashed with mud or sap or SOMETHING weeks ago and is still kind of dirty on her back (I was hoping it would come off) so I went with Penny for her since pennies are more of a copper/dirtyish color instead of buff buff and she's dirty atm
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
the other 2 have brown spots on their tails and I can tell them apart cause one has like 3 dots/lines on one tail feather and the other also has a brown feather but it's the whole feathrr and even a few feathers instead of dots on them. I'll get a picture.

The Australorps I thought of Black Beauty but black is hardly a name so I thought of Blackie and they're hard to tell apart but one has a more "beautiful"/better formed tail and is Beauty :p although, I really don't like those names so I'm going to have to think of something better.

I like all the other names though.

Back
Top Bottom