Your land and Animals !!!!

My husband and I were both raised in the city...but we decided to move out to the country for several reasons. We bought 1.5 acres (with almost no neighbors) so hubby could hit golf balls across the yard.
roll.png
It's not a LOT of land, but it sure beats a tiny city lot.

Now that we've been out here for almost 7 years, we've finally started emrbacing country life and getting more animals...we have 24 chickens with 6 eggs under a broody, so it will soon be 30 (hopefully). We also got 2 goats to help with clearing some poison ivy and other "mess". The longer we're out here in the country, the more we love it.
big_smile.png

We're living temporarily on a 1 acre lot in a subdivision. My four hens are here with us...but, we're going to build on 26 acres soon, and then I'm going to go absolutely nuts with farm animals.

God help my wife. :)

Hubby and I lived in the second biggest city in Michigan for way too long (he was born there, lived there his whole life, I grew up on a farm, moved to a small city, then moved there to marry him).

We both despised the big city, wanted to live away from so many people, have some land to do what we wanted when we wanted.

Had the chance to retire, and both loved Kentucky (his family all came from here, I drove semi trucks coast to coast when I was younger, KY was my favorite place to drive through) so we moved here.

Bought 25 acres (was looking for twice that, but we fell in love with this property) and have been building a farm on it ever since.

My animals aren't in my sig line, but I have 8 donkeys (3 minis and 5 standard) 10 cows, 200 or so chickens, two dogs, an ancient cat, three geese, 13 ducks, and umm.... I'm sure there's something else in there. We plan on getting more cows, just have not had the chance to yet - probably within the next couple of weeks. Also, considering a pig or two for meat.

eta - forgot the 150 quail.

meri

Last edited:
I have a 1917 farm house that was built by my Grandma's family that is sitting on 3 acres. I have 5 dogs, 2 nubian goats (1m + 1f), 2 pot belly pigs(1m + 1f), 4 St Croix sheep (1 ram and 3 pregnant ewe) and I'm down to 8 hens and 1 roo.

wow i didnt think this thread was going to explode like this but its nice to see that a lot of us have land to take care of our lovely animals and those who dont have a lot of land i know still do all they can and love them very much !!!! Lets keep this going i want to try and get a avg size lot

We live on the 80 acre farm that's been in my DH's family for many generations.
We don't have alot of animals right now because he works full-time.

Back
Top Bottom