Zebra finches

jona3

Hatching
Jan 17, 2017
Hello everyone, recently I got a couple of zebra finch and the female has laid eggs and started incubation process 22 days ago . I have red lots of things online, but I didn't know how much should k really wait till i throw the eggs away if they don't hatch . So i took the eggs away and saw with a light if they were fertile or not . I thought that they were not fertile thus i left them . My mom checked the eggs again and she said the eggs are fertile . The eggs got cold and it was 30 minutes + that were away . I just put em back in the nest and the finches started to incubate them again. Did i kill my finches eggs ? What should i do now ?
I feel really bad . ( sorry for the bad English it is not my first language)

Greetings jona3, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Here is a great link to post your question. Best of luck! https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/57/caged-birds-finches-canaries-cockatiels-parrots-etc

welcome-byc.gif

The link redsoxs gave you should help answer your question...hope your eggs are fine. Best of luck!

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. I love the song the male sings. I had zebra finches when I was younger.

G’Day from down under Jona3
frow.gif
Welcome!

I too hope that your eggs are fine.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom