Zoloft...

Zoloft works great but DON'T forget to take it! If I forget by the evening when I am around family, I just wanna scream at someone. I have NO tollerance for anything. Don't dare smack your food around me if I have not taken my meds.....LOOK OUT WORLD! MOMMA B I O T C H is coming out!

Speaking of which, i better take mine!
hmm.png

I used to take Zoloft and it worked great for me for awhile. Then I took Prozac, then Lexapro, now I'm on Wellbutrin and Cymbalta and they really help. Everyone is different, good luck:love

I was wondering when someone would mention Prozac. A psychiatrist wants to put my daughter on it short term. To help with mild OCD, depression and stress. I fought it at first, because we were trying to diagnose some other health issues. But now that the health stuff is being resolved, and none of DD1's anxiety is, I'm wondering if its maybe time to let the psych try her on the meds...

Clinical depression is a horrible thing. Whatever meds your doctor is trying on you, take them and try to believe in them. Everybody's brain chemistry is slightly different, so it's not an exact science.

I've been on several meds for chronic tendancy for depression for many years. Wellbutrin is great, but can lose its effectiveness when you brain gets used to it - nobody told me that and I thought I was a hopeless case when I started going downhill again while taking it.

Best wishes for you. While you're on meds, exercise, eat right, watch comedy movies, avoid people and situations that stress you, and be kind to yourself (don't judge and berate yourself).

I'm just climbing out of a depressive episode myself. May God richly bless everyone that posted here.

Quote:
My 13 yr old DD started on Prozac just after the holidays for depression and it has been helpful. She really notices a difference too. And suprisingly, we noticed improvement fairly quickly too. It might be worth a try.

I was SOOOO hesitant, because she's so young, but it has been a Godsend. You would think I'd have been fine with it off the bat since I've been on depression meds for over 10 years, with only a couple years off in there. I guess when your the Mom, you worry
wink.png

Putting more chemicals into your body to treat a chemical problem is not going to help anyone in the long run. I have dealt with crippling panic and anxiety disorders for YEARS.

What finally helped was to STOP putting chemicals into my body- namely preservatives, MSG (in any and all forms) and synthetic hormones.

Quite a bit better these days.

Uppers and downers both only made me a million times worse. Maybe not at the moment of taking them (theyre stop the attack) but they'd give me worse ones later, or reoccuring ones where theyre werent ones before.

Good luck to you, though.

Quote:
My 13 yr old DD started on Prozac just after the holidays for depression and it has been helpful. She really notices a difference too. And suprisingly, we noticed improvement fairly quickly too. It might be worth a try.

I was SOOOO hesitant, because she's so young, but it has been a Godsend. You would think I'd have been fine with it off the bat since I've been on depression meds for over 10 years, with only a couple years off in there. I guess when your the Mom, you worry
wink.png

Yes, as a mom you can't help but worry! Thanks for the input. Our doc thinks it would only be needed on a temporary basis, and I'm thinking more and more about it.

OP, sorry to hijack. I sure hope the zoloft helps you. I've heard good things about it from others.
I've heard nothing but bad about Paxil until today.

Back
Top Bottom