Egg bound silkie?

Yes. What i find weird is that this happens consistently with her but this was the first tume it git this bad and I don't know why. My other 2 girls are healthy. Could it be a genetic thing?
What I wonder about is if there is something reproductive going on. Unless she was molting, it’s not normal to go two months without laying an egg at her age. That could potentially make her feel crummy on and off depending on what’s going on. I don’t really know if that would be genetic or not. It’s really hard to say what Is wrong. You seem to be doing well by her, though, making sure she gets fed and such. Sometimes that’s all we can do is just supportive care and treat symptoms until we figure out what is going on.

What I wonder about is if there is something reproductive going on. Unless she was molting, it’s not normal to go two months without laying an egg at her age. That could potentially make her feel crummy on and off depending on what’s going on. I don’t really know if that would be genetic or not. It’s really hard to say what Is wrong. You seem to be doing well by her, though, making sure she gets fed and such. Sometimes that’s all we can do is just supportive care and treat symptoms until we figure out what is going on.
If it was reproductive would she be able to poop solid or would it be liquid? Or is it possible for it to be either one?

If it was reproductive would she be able to poop solid or would it be liquid? Or is it possible for it to be either one?
It is possible for them to poop solid or liquid if reproductive issues are going on. If egg bound, they may or may not be able to poop depending on where the egg was stuck. Seeing a lot of liquid poop with just urates could indicate she’s drinking a lot of water and not eating much. Runny, diarrhea type poop could be from too many snacks such as fatty black soldier fly larvae. Here is a helpful chicken poop webpage I use once in a while.

What are hers like now? What about vent gleet, how does her vent look?

It is possible for them to poop solid or liquid if reproductive issues are going on. If egg bound, they may or may not be able to poop depending on where the egg was stuck. Seeing a lot of liquid poop with just urates could indicate she’s drinking a lot of water and not eating much. Runny, diarrhea type poop could be from too many snacks such as fatty black soldier fly larvae. Here is a helpful chicken poop webpage I use once in a while.

What are hers like now? What about vent gleet, how does her vent look?
Her vent looks clean and her poops are looking bigger and solid now. She seemed to perk up when I gave her the garlic. And still no egg she has laid yet

Her vent looks clean and her poops are looking bigger and solid now. She seemed to perk up when I gave her the garlic. And still no egg she has laid yet
That’s promising 🙂 is her belly squishy or enlarged? Just curious. Maybe deworming wouldn’t be a bad idea.

That’s promising 🙂 is her belly squishy or enlarged? Just curious. Maybe deworming wouldn’t be a bad idea.
Her belly feels the same as everyone else. Also after her large solid poop I wanted to make sure her poop was looking the same and this came out. Is that healthy?
Snapchat-759741179.jpg

Yes her Purina crumble and feather fixer crumble. I have cut down a lot of the treats. I have been giving her soldier larvae treats 2 times a week (small amount).
Keep up with feeding less treats. Easier said than done, I know :oops: a lot of smart people on here will say that treats can be a root cause of a lot of issues. We def start to see egg laying issues when we feed too many.

Back
Top Bottom