Gosling not walking again :^( what do I do

ElGoose

Songster
May 27, 2023
This is the same gosling who couldn’t walk last time - I saw in the cameras that a magpie tried to get him and assumed he was in shock but it’s happened again today! Is it possibly a slipped tendon? I’ve seen that’s quite common in goslings apparently but I’m not sure how to treat it :^(

Can you post a clear video of it trying to walk?
I might try in a bit if it becomes a problem again though I know you can’t really post videos here unless it’s uploaded to YouTube first 😓 he is walking again now but it seems to be a thing that happens occasionally where his right leg just won’t support him

I'm wondering if you can upload the video of the magpie you caught attacking your gosling. Did it actually get a leg or something that could have caused this?

Just thinking back to when mine were young I did see the one leg thing quite a bit and noted some hobbling with one of them, but it all worked out. How much Niacin are they getting in their diet?

I'm wondering if you can upload the video of the magpie you caught attacking your gosling. Did it actually get a leg or something that could have caused this?

Just thinking back to when mine were young I did see the one leg thing quite a bit and noted some hobbling with one of them, but it all worked out. How much Niacin are they getting in their diet?
I actually can’t 😞 it happened right in a blind spot and all I saw was the two parents flying towards that area with their arms out and a magpie flying away. I checked his leg all over and couldn’t see any visibly injury and he wasn’t in pain when I moved it around either. They’re currently on waterfowl crumb which should have enough in and grass + lettuce but I might start adding in some nutritional yeast just to be safe!

Back
Top Bottom