New Chicken Mom in NC

atisa01

In the Brooder
May 14, 2024
Lenoir County, NC
My name is Charlene. I am a brand new 1st time chicken mom. I have 4 Sapphire Olive Eggers that are 2 weeks old. I just put up my first coop and run. I am planning on using sand for both.

I have waited 15 years to have chickens. I am in my 60’s and a single mom of two very adult sons.

I look forward to getting to know all you nice folks on this forum. I’m sure I’ll have many questions along the way.

My name is Charlene. I am a brand new 1st time chicken mom. I have 4 Sapphire Olive Eggers that are 2 weeks old. I just put up my first coop and run. I am planning on using sand for both.

I have waited 15 years to have chickens. I am in my 60’s and a single mom of two very adult sons.

I look forward to getting to know all you nice folks on this forum. I’m sure I’ll have many questions along the way.
Welcome neighbor to the north. Since you are starting with a small flock, I am assuming you don't want to take any chances with predators, I would raise the coop floor at least 18-24 inches and have a solid floor and use dirt with pine pellets (no chemicals), in the run. I would also have 1/2 inch hardware cloth for the walls and top of the run, with a predator apron.

Back
Top Bottom