Blu kote and chickens eggs

kateschwab15

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2021
One of my little girls earlobe was torn. Multiple people have recommended me to blu kote even tractor supply. After posting something on Facebook and people recommend it an hour after of using it they are all saying not to use it and that I can never eat an egg from her ever again. She isn’t laying eggs yet but when she does is it okay to eat the eggs from her after she had blu kote on her

As far as I'm aware, there is no withdrawal period at all. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to eat an egg from her ever again. Did they give a reason?
No they didn’t give me any reason other then it can harm me and other people. I don’t want to eat the egg until I know for sure it’s safe to eat

I've used it off and on for my birds during the years and I'm still here typing.
Thank you! I get nervous when people tell me one thing and then I hear something else. It really means a lot to me to hear it from you and you have used it. It’s also good know that me and my parents will be okay to eat the egg after she lays her first one

Try not to get the Blu-Kote on your skin. If you do, it wont wash or scrub off. It'll have to wear off in time. Make sure you wear disposable gloves. Wear chicken clothes and shoes when applying it.
I just got a little dot on my hand from it that’s all. Thank you so much!

That's so strange that they'd say something like that? I have never heard that before. When I used it for the first time I got it on my hand and it didn't take long for it wear off.

I have only used it on my turkey but if I ever use it on my hens I would still eat their eggs. :)

One of my little girls earlobe was torn. Multiple people have recommended me to blu kote even tractor supply. After posting something on Facebook and people recommend it an hour after of using it they are all saying not to use it and that I can never eat an egg from her ever again. She isn’t laying eggs yet but when she does is it okay to eat the eggs from her after she had blu kote on her
I've heard this a few other times. Don't know what the thinking is but it is completely fine to eat eggs from a chicken that had blu kote on it. I'd even eat the egg if it had blu kote on the shell. The company that makes blu kote would not sell any bottles if using it meant not eating eggs from a hen that had it on. Weird lies

Back
Top Bottom