Little Giant Hatch Along

BookWorm243

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Franklin, NC
Hello
frow.gif

I am on day 3 in my little giant and have 21 eggs that I am really hoping some will hatch. I was wondering if anyone else is going to be setting or has set some eggs in a little giant and would like to join me. For eggs I have 8 silkie, 3 Marans, 3 Ameraucana, 5 EE's, and 2 Barnyard mixes
tongue.png

EDITED: Please do not come and post negative comets, Thanks
smile.png

Last edited:
We are using a Little Giant also
frow.gif
and we are on day 3 and 4. We have 19 eggs of barnyard mixes, who knows what we will get.
gig.gif
fl.gif

I am praying that all with be okay, we have had LOTS of temp issues, so we'll see.

Ours was originally a science experiment, but hopefully we will get some females out of this hatch and just begin raising, maybe my son can do a 4-H project later.

I'm putting 31 in my LG tonight. 16 B/B/S Orpingtons, 8 either blue or black copper marans, and 7 BLRW
smile.png
This is my 2nd hatch..hoping it goes much better than the last! DH added a fan for me and I've calibrated my thermometer/hygrometer since the 1st hatch. Sooo I feel like I've done everything I can to improve!

little giant here as well. 4 bantys, 8 rir nhr cross, and 15 red stars. are you guys using the automatic egg turner? i just swung by tsc getting dog cat and chicken feed and picked one up and added it into the bater. i let the bater warm up overnight and put the eggs in this mourning, so i feel like it was not a bad move. this is my first hatch and i hope i do good

You could probably just carefully pour into it.with a kitchen measuring cup, that's just what I been doing. Here is a question. Is there a right and wrong way to out eggs into the turner? Like is the pointed end supposed to be facing up or vice versa?

Quote:
I started using a Coffee Mate milk bottle to pour with, the spout on the lid is perfect, no water running down the side. I was pouring with a measuring cup but I was getting water everywhere.

Pointed ends go down. When I got some of my eggs, the pointed ends were up so we don't know if those are going to do anything or not. The big end has the air sac.

Quote:
I am using the egg turner, the only problem that I see is getting the water down in the hold tray, have to move the turner.

Use a large syringe with aquarium air tubing. You don't have to move the turner or even open the bator! Fits right down the large vent hole in top and you just snake your way through to the wire bottom to fill the tray. Another thing you could do is leave an empty slot above the tray's, it makes for easier filling.

Quote:
I am using the egg turner, the only problem that I see is getting the water down in the hold tray, have to move the turner.

Use a large syringe with aquarium air tubing. You don't have to move the turner or even open the bator! Fits right down the large vent hole in top and you just snake your way through to the wire bottom to fill the tray. Another thing you could do is leave an empty slot above the tray's, it makes for easier filling.

How do you see to make sure you don't overflow?

Back
Top Bottom