mini goat barn / chicken coop ???

wallaces3rd

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Hi guys
Below is my mini barn for my 2 pygmy boys. I am adding 5pullet hens and an 8mo old pair of guineas.
Barn is 8h 12w 12d
I'm adding a coop inside 2w 4h 12d with the window you see going out and down to their run
Any input on this project?

Looks good and may have a chance at working if the chicken area is up high enough where the goats are unable to get access. Goats will eat chicken feed and chickens eat goat feed (I give our alpine/Nubian goats a handful of grain each day). Our chickens can get in the goats hay bin and will occasionally lay an egg or two in there. The run is constructed with an obstacle so that the goats cannot get to the chicken coop area but the chickens hangout in the goat shed a lot.

I have a shed (10x12x8h) at I am converting to a henhouse, and would like to save some room for 2 Nigerian dwarf goats. I plan on separating them with hardware cloth or chicken wife. Interested to see how your's is progressing.

Adding a run onto the side for them until they are big enough to run in the goat pen and not go through the fence ;)

Back
Top Bottom