plans similar to Carolina Coop

I was poking around and found a place that will sell plans on something that looks like the 6'x12' American Coop from Carolina Coops for $95.

https://lonestarcoops.com/product/houston-coop-plans-pdf/
Thanks for this post, Shicat.

From my research, Carolina Coops appears to be the best designed manufactured chicken coop.
The Carolina Coops American Coop model was absolutely the exact coup we wanted, but I cannot presently afford to buy one. I was determined to find plans for a similarly built coop and found your post here.

I will be building this coop myself (in lieu of taking a family vacation this year). My wife and I have twins (8) and a five y/o. We counted the many benefits of building this coop versus going on vacation this year, and we are thankful we made this decision. As much as we would have liked to go on vacation this year (we could certainly use one), we determined that the benefits and blessings of building this coop versus going on a vacation are quite substantial.

Last edited:
I'm building a coop like the American Coop from Carolina Coops. I mapped most of it out on sketchup if you're familiar with that program I can share the file. It's assembled as ~6x6 panels primarily with a ton of pocket screws. It's a spendy build, even as a diy, just so you know. It'll be somewhere over 1000-1500 for just the supplies, I've lost track. More if you do the the Carolina version.
I would love to see your plans if you still have them. I know this article is 2 yeas old, but I just came across it. Thanks so much!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see your plans if you still have them. I know this article is 2 yeas old, but I just came across it. Thanks so much!!
If you don’t get it from the OP send me a message. I’ve kept the set they sent me. In fact we’re just getting around to building it.

If you don’t get it from the OP send me a message. I’ve kept the set they sent me. In fact we’re just getting around to building it.
I never got a reply from them. I would love if you could share the plans with us. It would be a good winter project. Thanks so much.

I never got a reply from them. I would love if you could share the plans with us. It would be a good winter project. Thanks so much.
@crowber Was kind enough to share their sketchup file with me way back in 2020.
It's not a blueprint or parts list. You'll have to do your own reverse engineering based on their description of how the 6' panels fit together and these pictures. Their coop with run was 6'x18'. The larger coop/run is what we are building. It's 8'x24'. I'll be starting a separate thread on that build when we've actually started.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-14 15.42.05.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-14 15.42.05.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2022-09-14 15.42.40.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-14 15.42.40.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot 2022-09-14 15.43.07.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-14 15.43.07.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2022-09-14 15.43.21.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-14 15.43.21.png
    285 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2022-09-14 16.29.47.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-14 16.29.47.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2022-09-14 16.31.40.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-14 16.31.40.png
    196 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
@crowber Was kind enough to share their sketchup file with me way back in 2020.
It's not a blueprint or parts list. You'll have to do your own reverse engineering based on their description of how the 6' panels fit together and these pictures. Their coop with run was 6'x18'. The larger coop/run is what we are building. It's 8'x24'. I'll be started a separate thread on that build when we actually start.
Thank you!!!

Mind sharing the SketchUp trying to find a coop plan

I'm building a coop like the American Coop from Carolina Coops. I mapped most of it out on sketchup if you're familiar with that program I can share the file. It's assembled as ~6x6 panels primarily with a ton of pocket screws. It's a spendy build, even as a diy, just so you know. It'll be somewhere over 1000-1500 for just the supplies, I've lost track. More if you do the the Carolina version.

Back
Top Bottom