The Price of Chicken Feed

LeghornGuy

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
New Orleans
I noticed the price of feed (whole corn, scratch and laying pellet) has increased a couple of dollars.
I guess it is due to the price of fuel and the demand for corn.
I am thinkng about selling extra eggs to neigbhors, friends and coworkers.
Is $8.75 too much to pay for a 25lbs of scratch?
How much do yall (you all) pay for a 25 pound bag of whole corne?

Last edited:
Over here in Tx I noticed @ TSC that 50 lbs of layer are like $14+ (was $10 smthg a few mnths back). I am not sure about scratch. Corn is like $11+ for the 50lbs. I am not sure about 25 lbs. I just bought some starter @ my feed store and paid $7 for a 25 lb of the Nutreana. (sp?)
HTH,
Kristi

i buy starter by the pound at local feed store, 8 to 10 pounds at a time it's easier for me, and itgoes for $.35 per pound, that comes to$8.75 per 25 pound bag. i could go to tsc because it is cheaperby $1.00per bag last tme i looked, but i like going to the feed store, and i can't find a local nutrina dealer. so your paying about the same as me in tx

Went to Agway today.

11.09 for 50LB Scratch Grains corn/wheat/oats.

12.29 for 50LB All Grain Layer Crumble.

12.10 for 50LB Goat Sweet Feed.

9.96 for 50LB Horse Maintainer.

BA

Last edited:
I just paid $12.98 for a 50lb of layena crumbles
$21.95 for a 50lb bag of oat groats
$6.95 for 25lbs of wild bird seed.
I mix it for the chickens they really like the oats specially Zaxby.

I paid $10.90 for a 50 lb. bag of layer pellets today, and $6.75 for a 25 lb. bag of starter crumbles. I think a 50 lb. scratch is going for something around $7-8.00. I have a lot of options as to where I buy it here, and my favorite feed store is the cheapest.

It's my turkey pellets (game bird finisher) that costs me the most. I'm paying $11. 90 for a 50 lb. bag.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom